Steam In-home Streaming

...but I think it does make sense for guys like the TV makers, Directv, Roku, etc who act more like aggregators of other peoples content.

If I could stream my Steam games directly to the TV, I'd be very tempted to buy a new TV. Although I'm currently waiting until OLED TVs get affordable. Not even remotely interested in upgrading TV if it isn't to an OLED.

Regards,
SB

You can stream from an NVIDIA GPU to a shield device. Maybe you can stream to other NVIDIA equipped PCs as well?

Apparently when it works it works well.

Steam beta client recently added support for nVidia hardware encode/decode. Apparently it works a bit better than software encode.

I don't know how an independent third party would quantify streaming latency. Steam has a statistics overlay that should presumably be trustworthy.

I don't know how an independent third party would quantify streaming latency. Steam has a statistics overlay that should presumably be trustworthy.

I would think it would be similar to testing monitor latency. People do that with cameras and mice that light up when pressed (time between pressing the mouse and muzzle flash). I know it's a nontrivial test to set up, but these kinds of things are where review sites can add the most value.

Back