Spyware issues

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Everything I have is up to date. I tried Microsoft's anti-spyware remover. AVG- Anti virus. Lavasoft adaware. I still have one (maybe more) piece of spyware which opens up Firefox every so often and directs me to an insurance sale or real estate thing. I've tried scanning deep both in safe mode and normal windows with bot my internet connection plugged/unplugged. What else can I do? Thanks.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Everything I have is up to date. I tried Microsoft's anti-spyware remover. AVG- Anti virus. Lavasoft adaware. I still have one (maybe more) piece of spyware which opens up Firefox every so often and directs me to an insurance sale or real estate thing. I've tried scanning deep both in safe mode and normal windows with bot my internet connection plugged/unplugged. What else can I do? Thanks.
How did you manage to get spyware using FF?
try spybot btw.

You know "downloading pics and stuff" can both make you blind AND give you hairy palms? :LOL:

Suggest you stop going to those sites in the future. Also, you could try installing a software firewall (not windows built-in) and set it to block EVERYTHING, then wait for something to try to access the web. Once you get an alert, do a google on the file name that pops up and find something that'll kill it.

Guden Oden said:
You know "downloading pics and stuff" can both make you blind AND give you hairy palms? :LOL:

Suggest you stop going to those sites in the future. Also, you could try installing a software firewall (not windows built-in) and set it to block EVERYTHING, then wait for something to try to access the web. Once you get an alert, do a google on the file name that pops up and find something that'll kill it.

LOL @ blind and hairy palms....

other then that, going online without firewall (i dont count win firewall as one) is just calling for trouble...

BTW :: did you by any chance buy Sony CD lately? ;)

download "hijackthis" and run it to generate a report that later can be used to analyze what's on your computer.

EDIT: you can also download and run "Autoruns" from sysinternals to see what's started (and disable if you want to) on your computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This topic goaded me into action to purchase another two years of NOD32 updates. Been continuing to push it ahead despite knowing better, but now it's done.

K.I.L.E.R said:
I formatted and everything's fine. :)
Thanks guys.

Use Firefox for browsing, and use hijackthis and the log parser at hijackthis.de next time. It shows you what is wrong, and helps you fix it. Much easier and faster than reformatting and reinstalling.

If you want a single program that will find and remove most nasty stuff, you're best out using stinger, as that will also remove things that aren't classified as virii or spyware. It just removes all the common nasty stuff in one go, while you need to run a whole suite of other stuff to make sure you've covered all the angles in the traditional way.

I have DIplo.
Nothing worked.

I've been using FireFox ever since it first came out back a few years ago. :)

Back