So what did you do Dave?

digitalwanderer said:
What kind of cigarrettes are those in the background of that shot? It looks like a pack of red Marlboros, but the name looks wrong.... :?

It is Marlboro, but since a couple of months ago we have huge stickers on them saying "Smokers die earlier" and stuff like that, so the front/back logos are diminished in order to make place for that bullshit.

digitalwanderer said:
Thanks. I've been out of the smoking scene for a while now and it just didn't look right to me.

Good for you, DW.......

John Belushi on "The Blues Brothers": Just because I gave up cigarettes doesn't mean I gave up smokin..........

kemosabe said:
Looks like the laser pointer was just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. :LOL:

Hah, superb article. I think from now on tech sites should just concentrate on this kind of thing. Much more entertaining than endless graphs.

man the Chris Hook vs Adam Foat stuff got me there for a minute, but I loved seeing the pic of the three of them together drinking beers. I would have given anything to be there!

martrox said:
Good for you, DW.......
I kind of decided that if the heart attack wasn't enough of a message to me about doing a few things to clean up my lifestyle and get a bit healthier than nothing ever would be, and I gots a family I gotta stick around for.

No more cigarrettes ever for me, nothing but bad news.

John Belushi on "The Blues Brothers": Just because I gave up cigarettes doesn't mean I gave up smokin..........
Truth. :)

meantobedrunk_big.jpg

The way it's meant to be drunk. :)

Haha, good to see my article tickled the ol' humour buds. Was good to meet you, Borsti!

Rys said:
Haha, good to see my article tickled the ol' humour buds. Was good to meet you, Borsti!

Yeah, it was nice to meet you too! Lot of fun, but not as nice as last year without party tigers D. Kirk and Ujesh :?

Lars

vb said:
Borsti said:
Here's one other from the day before, at the ATI party ;)

http://www.de.tomshardware.com/business/20050313/images/misc7.jpg

Lars

you may be surprised finding out, but it seems that a certain hardware site blocks direct links to images featured in an article

cheers

yeah... but you can just go to www.tomshardware.com first and load the image link afterwards.

Well, the english language article is up now, so you can see it here: http://www20.tomshardware.com/business/200503171/cebit_2005-16.html

btw: I also made a nice one of Dave during the ATI press conference ;) (not posted of course)

Lars

vb said:
you may be surprised finding out, but it seems that a certain hardware site blocks direct links to images featured in an article
It's a way to protect against bandwidth leeching. Get around it by opening the link in a new tab, then hit refresh to download the intended image. That's what I do in Firefox, anyway.

Pete said:
vb said:
It's a way to protect against bandwidth leeching. Get around it by opening the link in a new tab, then hit refresh to download the intended image. That's what I do in Firefox, anyway.

I think he was trying to be funny since Lars works for THG, and he tried to post pictures from his own site which doesn't allow linking to photos in that way.
________
MICHIGAN MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by a moderator:
SsP45 said:
Pete said:
vb said:

I think he was trying to be funny since Lars works for THG, and he tried to post pictures from his own site which doesn't allow linking to photos in that way.

;)

Next time I'll post a www 101 next to my link. :p

Lars

SsP45 said:
"Do, or do not. There is no try."

;D

Back