so how are you sissies..

darkblu

Veteran
..advancing with ultimate ghosts'n'goblins? let me guess - playing at 'novice', aren't you, little wusses.

feel free to post about your great "accomplishments" here. say, when you pass the first realm.. if ever!

*muahahahahaaaa!...*

ps: and yes, the thread title is a plagiarism from cthellis42, suck on it.

pps: progress @ normal difficulty:
1-1: 86,600
1-2: stuck at the blood wave :???:

Last edited by a moderator:
You've made me decide to buy it. Will pick it up today and take your challenge :devilish: How are you getting on with it? Sounds like you're really enjoying it....

The original of that game was hard. I think I got to the fourth world/level. Don't know if I ever completed it. I was really surprised they released such a hard game, and even more surprised they've rereleased it!

Is that game like LocoRoco or Okami? :p

the game is exactly like locoroco.. with the only difference being the avatar's mortality rate :devilish:
as of now it's ~3 lives/minute for me, though it took me some time to get to that level after my initial, erm, higher mortality rate.

Rys said:
You've made me decide to buy it. Will pick it up today and take your challenge How are you getting on with it? Sounds like you're really enjoying it....

hell yeah. this game is the ikaruga of the 2d platformers (and just like ika it makes beautiful use of the 3d hw). let's say it gives you a run for your money. as about how i've been progressing.. well, let's say that since the time i grabbed it last evening, till the end of my day the major obstacle standing in my way was one goat wizard.. you'll see what i mean once you get the game ; )

*spoiler hint: the key to beating the goat is what weapon you have; i challenge you to beat him with bombs ; )*

ps: and no, i'm not playing at novice.

pps: just like playing ika is a must for every scrolling shooters fan, i can't see how anybody can call themselves a calssical platformers fan and not play ug'n'g. c'me on, sissies, show what you're made of :devilish:

i played this game alot. damn is it hard :)

but nevertheles fun to play . and thankgod for unlimited continues :p

i played this game alot. damn is it hard :)

but nevertheles fun to play. and thankgod for unlimited continues :p

not wanting to disenchant you, but in UG'n'G a continue after a game over sends you right back to the beginning of the level : ) IOW, if you originally had a problem reaching to a point in the level with a certain amount of lives you'd still have that same problem; this game does not pamper you in any way - you either advance your playing skills or you won't move forth one bit.

welcome to the arcades :devilish:

My god, this game is senselessly hard. I'm nearly ready to throw the UMD off the balcony.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it just intended to be insane and infuriate?

My god, this game is senselessly hard. I'm nearly ready to throw the UMD off the balcony.

stay on target.. stay on target! : )

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it just intended to be insane and infuriate?

if you tell us where you're stuck somebody may help with a hint. generally:
  • are you making full use of the inventory items? also, make sure to re-run each level (with the return-to-start staff) after you pass it and you get a new ability - the latter usually helps you get even more useful stuff you missed the first time through.
  • make sure you choose the right weapon for each occasion.
  • concentrate and stop being a sissy ; )

Was sat daydreaming about my best gaming experiences of 06 when I was reminded of this thread. Took me a good while to appreciate the game, but I spent a lot of time with it on holiday recently and it's just absolutely freaking excellent. Thing is, I got the final castle to realise that the golden rings were needed to open the door to the final boss. Did I have enough? Did I f**k :devilish: Even with the powerups I have in my save, I'm simply not up for rerunning the game to find them. It's a great little platformer, but too hard for me to want to play twice.

Maybe in a year or so when I'm bored one weekend and I've forgotten how good it is. For those with a PSP that love a challenge, UGnG is it.

It is a rather "classic" experience. Not the most forgiving game (certainly more so than the original ones though!), but it's a lot of fun... it's also a rather pretty game for as simple as it is.

just a question about the project "TRANS"

I played the video game TRANS when I was a kid.
There are only few information about this game on the internet now...

The version I played was around 230MB. It's "UNREGISTERED" but contains all the audio files, bots and missions... there's even a menu to unlock the gold version. All I need is the key.

I tried to buy (if possible), pirate, or anything that would unlock the full game but it seems the project just vaporised... the official site is nowhere and only couple of pages on google when searched respected keywords.

I happened to know you were involved in this project... and..
can you help me?

Cheers.

Back