Sniper 2 - Ghost Warrior [360,PS3]

Ruskie

Veteran
A follow up to one...huh...underwhelming game with some nice visuals, comes back powered by CE3. City Interactive had an interview this E3,with IGN,showing of the game.It still looks a bit unpolished and repetitive,but what the hell,its running on Crytek's engine:smile:

sniper-ghost-warrior-2-.jpg

sniper-ghost-warrior-2.jpg

Yeah I was gonna post this. This is a nice story I've vaguely followed these guys basically just put out a shovelware game (Ghost Warrior 1) on 360/PC a couple years ago, and it somehow had some legs and sold well. Now they're big time with Cryengine 3 and on all platforms. Seems like a nice pulling up by bootstraps story.

Also that Cryengine 3 looks really good, giving BF3 a run imo. I'm assuming it's the PC version, but still, so is BF3.

Yeah I was gonna post this. This is a nice story I've vaguely followed these guys basically just put out a shovelware game (Ghost Warrior 1) on 360/PC a couple years ago, and it somehow had some legs and sold well. Now they're big time with Cryengine 3 and on all platforms. Seems like a nice pulling up by bootstraps story.

Also that Cryengine 3 looks really good, giving BF3 a run imo. I'm assuming it's the PC version, but still, so is BF3.
Yea...I'm not so sure about that being PC version.It tears like a **** :p

Well if it's console then even more impressive.

BTW that sniper rifle model looks almost directly lifted from Crysis 2.

Well if it's console then even more impressive.

BTW that sniper rifle model looks almost directly lifted from Crysis 2.
Yes it does,and his hands look like he is wearing nano suit.

Edit.
Ups,no they don't.It just seemed to me when I watched video.That would be too much... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dam those environment look so nice.

Hopes for a rpg to use cryengine 3.
Not really feeling Ryse now with what looks like a gladiator sim instead of the awesome concept art.
Never do that again learned it the hard way.

Ooh and hope they work out the tearing kinda almost made me click away the video but dam those landscapes.

I did not play Sniper 1 but a common complaint I've heard is that the mission/level structure is quite linear?

Is this true and will the sequel be more open?

If anyone here has played Project IGI or I.G.I 2, I think that amount of "openess" would be quite suited? Even some areas in Far Cry 1 were quite good at letting the player scout his own tactical sniper position.

Also from that vid, you can just see him trying to hint that it will get the CE3 Dx11 updates.;)

Back