Smartphones: back to the best

For browsing I actually prefer the larger screen of the iphone over the resolution of the HTC. Perhaps that's just down to my age. ;)

Btw, the Razr runs Linux. I even saw a mod that put a small Debian on it.

Just a thing, but Blackberry's talking quality sucks. Finally used our phone as a phone and I was quite disappointed with the quality. :(

Maybe the things Palm did to WM were good. I never tried one. Here's my biggest gripe with WM.

1. At airport, check mail one-handed (no problem)
2. Want to reply? Hah! Stylus + slide keyboard time so much for walking
3. Take a call and then want to enter an appointment?
- hit calendar button
- hit menu
- hit new appointment
...up comes a huge dialog that's nearly impossible to navigate without a stylus and totally useless without one anyway since the kb is a slider
- spend 2-3 minutes fudging around and getting it entered.

---same thing on Palm

1. check email one-handed, no prob
2. Reply one-handed, no prob
3. Enter a calendar item?
-hit calendar
-scroll to date time (one-handed)
-type appointment, done in ten seconds

I have a laptop (regular and subnotebook) what I needed was a smart, fast-to-use phone/PIM and not a wannabe laptop.

Anyway, it works for me but I wish someone would come up with a newer OS that works as easily and fluidly but also supports wifi and UMTS since the owner of the PalmOS (Access) is apparently never going to get around to that.

It's like having to go back to DOS because win 3.1 was such a disaster...:)

See you forgot to mention the biggest pro Windows Mobile has. Its an open platform and all your issues can be solved with various plug ins . The only real problem are the small screens on most windows mobile devices. I use the mongul currently on the Sprint sero plan. However when I can I will upgrade to the new htc Diamond phones.

I use the edge of my thumb for everything rather than the stylus. That makes it a very easy to use one-handed thing for me.

Back