Sennheiser RS 170 headphones

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11852

Does anybody have personal experience with the RS 170 headphones, or the RS 160?

I've been looking for a decent set of wireless headphones for some time, principally for gaming (mic not required) and movies and lots of places recommend the RS 160 headphones. The RS 170 set appeal because the package includes an "easy charging" station and I can not emphasise enough how much I hate fiddling around connecting cables. The convenience of just being able to drop the headphones onto the charging station is hugely appealing.

Currently I'm used a wired pair of Sennheiser HD 215s. Happy for alternative suggestions as well but I'm after closed cup and decent battery life is important. The RS 160/170 run for upto 24 hours between full charges.

• note while the sound quaity of these headphones is fantastic for any type of music, they were not designed for use while recording/tracking and monitoring or musical instrument practice (performer wears the headphones while playing).
i wonder what they mean by that? does the wireless headphone have additional lag?

i only have wireless bluetooth headphones and the lag is variable, depends to the audio source (PS vita have low lag, my phone and tablet have ugly lag).

I own these and use them almost exclusively for gaming. They're comfortable and the audio quality is great as far as my unrefined ears are concerned. The docking station is fine, although it's a bit fiddly turning them on and off. To turn them on you need to switch on the docking station by pressing a button, then turn on the headphones by pressing another button. When you put them back on the cradle you need to push the same button again on the docking station to turn everything off. Controls on the headphone are also rubbish, but then I hardly ever use them. There's a surround sound button which turns everything all surround-soundy (sorry for being so technical). It does seem to work but god knows how accurate it is.

well its not mentioned in the overview or the tech specs pages of the product web site (as linked to by dsoup)
you have to download the tech specs pdf to find out

When you put them back on the cradle you need to push the same button again on the docking station to turn everything off. Controls on the headphone are also rubbish, but then I hardly ever use them. There's a surround sound button which turns everything all surround-soundy (sorry for being so technical). It does seem to work but god knows how accurate it is.

These arrived yesterday and I left them charging overnight and used them today for the first time. Fantastic! And yeah, the controls on the headphones are terrible - the buttons are not distinct enough for me to get locate a specific button by touch. Fortunately I don't tend to need to adjust the controls often.

Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Back