Senior ex-ATI exodus continues at AMD

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20212496/

SUNNYVALE, Calif. - Silicon Image Inc., a producer of semiconductors used to store, distribute and present high-definition content, said Friday it named Paul Dal Santo as its chief operating officer.

Dal Santo was ex-ATI, and chief of the handheld division. Potentially this could be more ominous than even the general seeming exodus of senior ex-ATI people. Tho possibly it is just as simple as economizing with highest paid salary folks.

So, by my count I have amongst the senior ranks at ATI now gone from AMD:

Dave Orton (CEO)
Chris Evenden (head PR flack)
Paul Dal Santo (handheld chief)

There was another guy early on, I think, but he was ex-AMD in the first place and thus perhaps there were other pre-existing issues there. . .

Rich Heye was the ex-AMD guy I was thinking of, but I believe his exodus was very early.

John Docherty maybe?

Hook is still there when last heard. There was quite alot of merging/shuffling of PR. So Evenden doesn't really surprise me. #1 top corporate PR guy is a big paycheck to be paying for two of those. . .

So, by my count I have amongst the senior ranks
at ATI now gone from AMD:

Dave Orton (CEO)
Chris Evenden (head PR flack)
Paul Dal Santo (handheld chief)

How could you miss out the mighty Humus shame on you Geo :(

I wouldn't consider these moves "ominous" considering the last couple generations of ATI cards.

A housecleaning was needed to say the least. Lets hope it pays off with better products and fewer delays for a change.

Paul Dal Santo would have been extremely unlikely to have anything to do with that.

AFAIK he's not gone.

Interesting. I may have to move this back to "unsettled". When was the last time you had an update on the subject?

Edit: After some more shaking of the bushes, peeking thru keyholes, and dumpster diving. . . . I'm going to stick with "he's gone". I may be wrong, but I'm not unsure. . . :smile:

Well, at any rate, on a bit more positive news, as I've not seen it tossed about it public yet, Jon Carvill is now (the top?) GPG PR dude at AMD, having moved over from cpu/chipset. . .

Back