Saints Row reboot [2021]

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13524

Honestly, it looks pretty terrible to me.

What's a saints row without half naked body builders/bikini models as protagonists, and a giant purple dildo as the melee weapon of choice? Well, it looks like Volition tried to find out and the answer was... a Watchdogs Legion copycat?

I'm left wondering if we can play as the bad guys group in the trailer instead? They look so much more Saints Row-y...

I haven't played any of the previous titles, nor have I payed any attention to the series, nor have I watched this segment (had a work call during this portion of the show) so don't have an informed opinion on this.

I'm seeing a lot of negative reactions to this remake, mostly about making it centered around teenagers? Though the response to that is its better than what Saints Row 4 was. I had heard the previous games were fun for being so crazy.

When they asked a UX designer if Johnny Gat was making a comeback, the answer was:

- "Erm.. no but we worked really hard on the diversity of the new characters.. there's Badass Nina who drives cars, Eli who loves his podcasts and Kev who loves to cook"

So they focused on creating a diverse crew that is basically the cast of a teenager sitcom.

It's not Saints Row unless it has Freckle Bitches. Damn, now I want Chicken Bazooms.

Tommy McClain

This Freckle Bitches?

Freckle_Bitch's_frecklebitches_wo.jpg

No, it's 2021 so you can't have a fake fast food franchise with a half naked girl in the logo with fake radio adverts filled with sexual innuendo.

Freckle Bitches are gone, they've been replaced by a much more politically correct FB'S

asd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what Saints Row was all about:

Now we have "Eli has podcasts and Kev loves to cook". And the motivation for these discontented Millennials to turn to crime, is to feel part of a community and to pay off their student loans. They say it's broadly a “contemporary” millennial “power fantasy”.

Who did Volition talk to, that made them think their audience was going to enjoy this setting?
Do the people paying student loans crave that much for playing a game where they enter a life of crime to pay off their debt?

New Politically correct video games, the end is truly nigh.

TBH I'm usually okay with new politically correct games/franchises, but making friggin' Saints Row politically correct sounds like a bad joke in and of itself.

The first two Saints Rows were basically next-gen (then) GTA SA clones that capitalized on the vacuum of new GTA games between the actual SA and the GTA IV.

The PS4 gen offered them a perfect oportunity to do the same thing, yet Volition didn't. WD kind of took that oportunity, mostly WD2.

Now its still time though, as GTA VI is still prpbably long ways away, and there still easy to pick technological fruit hanging from the early-new-gen tree.

Only, instead of copying GTA, they seem to have gone for a pastiche of the most cliche ellements of teen-targeted games such as fort-night, the teen hipster hero-shooters which the name I barely know, and the general aesthetics of the actual gamers that play that shit.

Feels very much like Steve Buchemi saying "How do you do Fellow Youngsters" to me. But again, so do a lot of these fortnite teen-hipster hero-shooters out there and a lot of them still do sell. So I guess, the target audience they are aiming at does swallow that stuff.

It seems to lack any self awareness though, which does take away some of the satirical bite of the previous titles.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Saints Row 2 when I played it fairly recently, so I'll be sure to ...

grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

I never played Saints Row as it never got ported to PC, but Saints Row II was one of the best/buggiest PC games I've ever played. I was really looking forward to the rewrite/fix, now just hoping it sees the light of day sometime.

I'll give the new one a try, but I think they should have gave this new IP a new name instead of banking on "Saints Row" as a power draw. Scares me in to remembering Soldier of Fortune 3. :|

This feels like ... how put it.

A movie company like Disney taking Deep Throat (1972 movie, don't look it up if NSFW stuff offends you :p) and remaking it as a family friendly teenage rom-com. :p

They are making a game for the current young ones. If this is what sells to current young ones, this is what will be made.
Get over it guys, ye all are near death beds , the world belongs to the fresher organisms out there ;) lol

I'm pretty sure the "young ones" still like GTA (which sells better than pretty much anything not named Minecraft) which is what Saints Row was made to be like.

So a remake of Saints Row made like this? Uhhhhhhhhh... It's like the developers don't want to make money.

Regards,
SB

Back