RIP Tom Petty at age 66.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I liked him but wasn't his biggest fan, but I'm pretty sure my wife is in the running for that title so I've grown to learn about him and like him quite a bit over the years. Really glad we got to see the show out at Red Rocks this summer the way we did, it's a great way to remember him.

Oh, Tom Petty had a cardiac arrest last night and was found unconscious this morning. He was transported to a hospital and put on life support, but they detected no brain activity so they pulled the plug about an hour ago and he passed. :(

I spoke too soon, it's now being reported that even though he's had life support removed he's still clinging to life..but he's not expected to live through the day.

I'm not a religious man, but I'm gonna go see if I can remember how to pray real quick.

He passed at 10:40pm last night my time. (Chicago time, about 12-1/2 hours ago. :( )

He lived a hell of a life, more than most people get a chance to, and touched a whole lot of people which is equally rare. His music is gonna live on for a long, long time as will his influence and memory.

Back