Retro gaming

Just as a curiosity.... Nintendo registered the Wii trademark back in 1997, 2 generations before the Wii was launched.

2dk0ciq.png

659uyp.png

Logos-Wii-icon.png
Wow thats very interesting

a classic has returned, and it has a retro look to it, somewhat. Mega Man 11 has launched for the Xbox One (X) and the PC.

I wonder if it is better than the classic NES games of the series. The first game of the series I saw -I enjoyed watching my best childhood friend playing and beating his games- was Megaman 3. It was a thrill, actually, the cartdridge itself, and the box, plus beating the bosses and acquiring their powers -that's all I remember, which is quite a bit-. The music of the game was also very uplifting.

https://www.windowscentral.com/mega-man-11-launches-xbox-one-and-pc

mega-man-11-screenshot-2.jpeg

oh btw :D
damn_d_finalfight.jpg

a classic has returned, and it has a retro look to it, somewhat. Mega Man 11 has launched for the Xbox One (X) and the PC.

I wonder if it is better than the classic NES games of the series. The first game of the series I saw -I enjoyed watching my best childhood friend playing and beating his games- was Megaman 3. It was a thrill, actually, the cartdridge itself, and the box, plus beating the bosses and acquiring their powers -that's all I remember, which is quite a bit-. The music of the game was also very uplifting.

https://www.windowscentral.com/mega-man-11-launches-xbox-one-and-pc

mega-man-11-screenshot-2.jpeg

It looks nice! Inspired by your message, I've watched some videos and listened to some songs. I haven't played Megaman games from the NES, though.

Oh, and that made me remember this other retro gem, IMO:
upload_2018-10-3_20-28-50.png

OMG, lol! :D The guy in the left picture looks like the skinny meth addict cousin of the one in the right, and I'm not very sure if I should be laughing at this... XD

Check out the fps counter!

Barrels must be more computationaly expensive than ducks
good point. in the first video, a 10 years old video btw, the user had to get away from the explosion without directly looking at the barrels exploding 'cos his computer would crash if he did so.

The last video was running at like 1fps, and the user had to put together all the frames for it to look smooth, although his computer didn't crash.

Anyone else hyped for this game?

2mqwX3v.gif

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ega-d/posts/2312782?ref=backer_project_update

Looks like the PCBs are being finished up.

some more music previews :D

second half of this one is a different song^ ;)
this quite reminds me of Smash TV (oh well, confirmed after reading their kickstarter page). Is that the reason you are hyped about the game or is it because there was Xeno something game you loved to play? Xenogears is the only game that comes to my mind that I remotely now, but I don't remember playing any game with that name.

this quite reminds me of Smash TV (oh well, confirmed after reading their kickstarter page). Is that the reason you are hyped about the game ?

it's smash tv + shock troopers + henk nieborg pixel art and awesome music

that it's coming out on mega drive, neo geo and dreamcast (not to mention modern platforms) is exciting by itself

Last edited:
it's smash tv + shock troopers + henk nieborg pixel art and awesome music

that it's coming out on mega drive, neo geo and dreamcast (not to mention modern platforms) is exciting by itself
actually showed this to my retrogaming friends and they liked it a lot.

This game looks supercool, and the music is awesome. At the same time, there're people out there fighting other people because they say 4K is a must. :runaway::mrgreen:

Remembering the final boss battle in Final Fantasy III (NES). I found the music very unsettling (minute 1:05):

Does anybody else remember this old gem?

Usually, it's not remembered as one of PS best platformers, but I really liked it's different settings, the atmosphere and the level design. The controls were ok for my taste, too.

Does anybody else remember this old gem?

Usually, it's not remembered as one of PS best platformers, but I really liked it's different settings, the atmosphere and the level design. The controls were ok for my taste, too.
haha, that's one hell of a platformer. My best friend from childhood got a PS1 -he had a NES and a Megadrive before the PS1- and that's one of the games he had. A little gem. Not great by today's standards but at the time this game and another one featuring a frog -I think? argh, I can't recall its name, I think it had 3D in the name, not quite 100% sure-.... This one was one of the finest PS1 platformers.

haha, that's one hell of a platformer. My best friend from childhood got a PS1 -he had a NES and a Megadrive before the PS1- and that's one of the games he had. A little gem. Not great by today's standards but at the time this game and another one featuring a frog -I think? argh, I can't recall its name, I think it had 3D in the name, not quite 100% sure-.... This one was one of the finest PS1 platformers.
Maybe you remember Croc or Frogger?

Maybe you remember Croc or Frogger?
That's what I thought.

@Cyan, this one?

Or this one?
Croc, that is! I was confusing Croc with a frog. That's the name. A very enjoyable game, I spent a lot of hours watching my best friend playing it. The art and the colour were vibrant, and in my opinion, it was the best PS1 platformer.

At least until I played Castlevania SOTN (X360 version), but when Castlevania SOTN came out, it wasn't a popular game among journalists and reviewers. It got its reserved recognition some time afterwards.

Sony PlayStation official magazine gave SOTN a 7, while they scored with 8 a game whose name is soooo long and ridiculous and nobody remembers....

Back