Rainbow 6: Mexican Border Vid

in fairness, they are screen shots from a video..... rarely as good as direct capture screenshots!

shame it's a relatively crappy quality (I know its 720p but compression wise) but it looks awesome (except that scene where the guy meets up with his team members, that just doesn;t look great for some reason.

Not a good quality video but this game looks to be a step above GRAW with the enviroments. I'm not sure if the character animation is better than GRAW though. Still looks like fun, i'm definately picking this up.

It actually looks EXACTLY like GRAW in parts, which is kind of disappointing. Other specific scenes of this mexico level look better than GRAW, seemingly. So I guess it's kind of a mixed bag. Still a sharp looking game though.

The opening of the video in the helicopter, looks EXACTLY like GRAW, so much so that I thought they had screwed up and mixed in GRAW footage or something.
________
Web Shows

Last edited by a moderator:
At least the shooting mechanics look better than GRAW. I hated that "hold your breath to steady your aim" crap, especially when I was getting bum-rushed by assholes.

At least the shooting mechanics look better than GRAW. I hated that "hold your breath to steady your aim" crap, especially when I was getting bum-rushed by assholes.

You hate realism in a sim type game? Don't use the scope when they rush then, use the OTS tight view.

The opening of the video in the helicopter, looks EXACTLY like GRAW, so much so that I thought they had screwed up and mixed in GRAW footage or something.

Wait, are you saying that flying over Mexico in a helicopter looks exactly like flying over Mexico in a helicopter?

;)

You hate realism in a sim type game? Don't use the scope when they rush then, use the OTS tight view.
Realism? I don't know about that. It felt kind of gimmicky to me. Absolutely over the top autoaim unzoomed, and nearly impossible to quickly aim when zoomed. More frustrating than fun for me.

R6 looks good, though.

Thats how it works for real too

Rainbow 6 Vegas MULTIPLAYER VIDEO

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/815/815420/vids_1.html
Well IGN finally shot footage of what I've all been waiting for so long.
The Multiplayer gameplay will be spetacular. To me it looks much like Counter Strike style of gameplay but with an added revolutionary camera angle and first to third person transitions that comes close to gears of war.
I was initially debating whether to go for resistance fall of man... but this video quickly made me change my mind.
What do you guys think?

btw for those of you who don't know this game is on the ps3, xbox360 and pc. Just incase the video's x360 logo at the end might have you fooled.

I just wonder how a 360 footage ends up in the ps3 media section !
Anyway, the multi looks awesome, I think my good old GRAW is about to retire.

The most irritating thing in the solo campaign is how long it takes to zoom and then adjust. It's hard to play the solo when you've been doing a lot of multi !

thats because there are no 360 footage out yet. The game is the same the only possible difference would be graphics and processing speed. So this video could be posted in all three sections pc,xbox360 or ps3. Secondly when i originally posted the video I didn't get the chance to see the ending.

agreed... it looks pretty cool

I love a good online multiplayer, adds months and months of play to any title.

Back