Rag Doll Kung Fu PSN

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Rag Doll Kung Fu game for PS3 on PSN is out, at least in Europe (came out in a packed week with also Worms and Flock), and I like it a lot - it's a very fun game. There's an old PC game that this has developed from, but in the PS3 port it seems to have taken some hints from Super Smash Bros and gotten a graphics engine from LittleBigPlanet.

There's a lot of different modes and challenges, and it's a great party game for up to four, although unfortunately for now it's offline only, though it does have online leaderboards for everything (hi deepbrown ;) ). It's still a very fun game though and the challenges are difficult enough to last you a while. It also makes use of the motion controls for some special actions, like turning your controller upside down to meditate, shake to create a fireball (that you then hold and throw with the analog stick and a button), or make a flying kick/punch if you move the controller in the direction you hit, etc.

It's also another game that supports in-game video recording to youtube or your own harddrive, which is pretty cool. I taped a tiny bit of the fish game which shows off a few of the different kinds of things you and the AI can do in this game. It's a very charming game and I heartily recommend it.

EDIT: you can watch it on HQ setting too, on youtube.

Hi :) Yeah, it's good fun - there are SOME fun challenges. In fact, insanely fun. I love the throw the fish in the basket one - it's genius. And the one where you ahve to stay on the platform. These are GREAT party games. However, all the challenges feel like training for multiplayer - and sadly i don't really have friends here to play offline.

The whole game would be genius if it had online multiplayer.

Also, there's some annoying challenges - the ones with Sixaxis - like when you have to boost everywhere with a shake - it seriously did my wrist in. Just not that fun IMO.

Also, there's some annoying challenges - the ones with Sixaxis - like when you have to boost everywhere with a shake - it seriously did my wrist in. Just not that fun IMO.

I like all of them, really. The sixaxis thing, it's mostly getting used to it. As usual really ... :) I haven't mastered all the moves yet fully either, especially when playing king of the hill for instance, I currently don't use the one that's useful when you're hemmed in yet - have to practice that more.

Two more for all-silver for me. All-gold is going to be hard though!

Same here, though I played a tiny bit of dodgeball with the wife (and she liked it).

That said though, I did actually like Pain single player ... I think I probably put more time into that than I will ever put into the single player part of Rag Doll Kung Fu (unless I get gold fever, because gold seems very, very hard to beat so that will take lots of hours ;) ). But it's a lot of fun anyway!

Find someone you trust to log into your account and "download it". It'll put it in your download history and you'll be able to get it when you unpack :)

Thats a cool idea !!:D So, who will it be, u or patsu?

I don't have anything to fear, my Credit cards don't work in the US store :LOL:

Thats a cool idea !!:D So, who will it be, u or patsu?

I don't have anything to fear, my Credit cards don't work in the US store :LOL:

I can do it if need be. I think patsu is traveling right now (some of you may have noticed he hasnt' posted today :p).

Just let me know and I'll log in so it tracks on your DL history.

Back