Question about refresh rates...

ScorpionSoul

Newcomer
I was recently given a new monitor as a gift (Sony SDM-HS75P).

In the advanced settings under the monitor tab, with the box checked for "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display", the only option that is in the drop-down menu is 60hz. However, according to Sony's website, the maximum vertical refresh rate for this monitor is 75hz.

So I'm assuming that Sony's website is correct (I unchecked the box and set the refresh rate to 75hz, and it seems fine), but on the off chance that their listed product specs are incorrect, is it in any way harmful to the monitor to run at a setting that "according to that little check-box" is incorrect?

And if 75hz is correct, why would the settings tell me that the only compatible setting is 60hz?

If it matters, X700 Pro 256 DVI out to the DVI connection on the monitor.

Do you have tne monitor driver installed? XP may not know what modes it has if you don't.

Is it going to hurt the monitor in any way? Nah.

I doubt theres anything that's been made since 1995 that would irreversably damage itself due to improper input signal. It'll just display something like "Out Of Range" and turn off the screen.

Good call. I didn't see anything in the manual about it, but I double checked and it's listed in the troubleshooting section: 48-75hz Analog RGB, 60hz Digital RGB.

Thanks!
Exactlly. I have this monitor and use DVI connection at native resolution of 1280x1024 and the 60Hz.

Back