PS3 Secret Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the hype is bad due to unfounded speculation. Like all hype it can work for or against a product. I.E. MGS 4 hype turned out that the game exceeded expectations. So if the game turns out to be as good as the David says then it allready has a decent imeptus. Obviously the reverse could happen if the game turns out not to be a graphical showpiece that people imagined.

I expect the middle ground will be true where some people say that it does look extreemly good while others will say "is that all". Which is pretty much the standard for most exclusives anyway :p.

That sound like line from MGS4 to me. There are countless supposed insiders on the internet looking their 15 minutes of fame. I prefer to wait and see for myself.

It seems to me an h-game with beautiful graphics and a special "controller" for people to experience the game fits the bill. :LOL:

It seems to me an h-game with beautiful graphics and a special "controller" for people to experience the game fits the bill. :LOL:

What is an "h-game"? Horizontal as in side-scroller? That's the only thing I can come up with, but it doesn't seem to fit...

Ok so according to Forbidden_Darkness. Sony are developing a Batman game which will be out of this world. yeah right.

Bruce Wayne here we come. lol

MGS 4 hype turned out that the game exceeded expectations.

MGS4 hype didn't exist before the MGS4 trailer was shown. It may just be me, but I think the differences to this are obvious.

So if the game turns out to be as good as the David says then it allready has a decent imeptus. Obviously the reverse could happen if the game turns out not to be a graphical showpiece that people imagined.

I expect the middle ground will be true where some people say that it does look extreemly good while others will say "is that all". Which is pretty much the standard for most exclusives anyway :p.

By the way this second part just shows how some are already going down the path of pre-set expectations I described in the first paragraph of post #16. David's quote speaks to story-telling and immersion... he didn't mention graphics. And this is why I feel the 'hype' here is inherently different to the hype for a game that's been announced; people don't know what they're supposed to be excited about, only that some dude has come out claiming 'something incredible' is on the horizon.

Agree with Carl B

We can all speculate and sum up our own theory on what this secret game is but until some true 100% facts come directly from Sony we are left in confusion and suspense as to what this game is. Also who is not to say that this game is a PS3 exclusive, Mr Winters mentions - then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion.

Look at Final Fantasy 13 recently

What is an "h-game"? Horizontal as in side-scroller? That's the only thing I can come up with, but it doesn't seem to fit...

I think he meant H(entai)-game, an adult-themed title.

By the way this second part just shows how some are already going down the path of pre-set expectations I described in the first paragraph of post #16. David's quote speaks to story-telling and immersion... he didn't mention graphics. And this is why I feel the 'hype' here is inherently different to the hype for a game that's been announced; people don't know what they're supposed to be excited about, only that some dude has come out claiming 'something incredible' is on the horizon.

MGS4 is amazing for me because of the ways it layers cutscenes with gameplay. So perhaps we have another innovative scheme to integrate movies and games. Just a wild guess.

Also who is not to say that this game is a PS3 exclusive, Mr Winters mentions - then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion.

Look at Final Fantasy 13 recently

The important thing is to extend the current gaming experiences so that more consumers are excited. If it appeals to the same core gamer demography, it may not make a difference. So I hope this is something new.

The important thing is to extend the current gaming experiences so that more consumers are excited. If it appeals to the same core gamer demography, it may not make a difference. So I hope this is something new.

Exaclty could you imagine a game like 'Memento- the Movie', Heavy Rain graphics and to top it all off make it compatible with the new 'Motion Sensing - Break Apart' controller then that would be an interesting game.

MGS4 hype didn't exist before the MGS4 trailer was shown. It may just be me, but I think the differences to this are obvious.
Yes I was just using an example where expectations exceeded hype.

A large part in immersion usually comes from graphics and sound, especally as he also said he was blown away. Poor graphics and/or sound would ruin imersion so a logical conclusion must mean that the graphics are of a quality.

Here is the original quote:

I don't mean to be a tease - all I can say is that I was left speechless. If the footage I was shown truly is "in game", as told to me by the Sony PR people, then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/playstation_bounces_back.html

How could the graphics be any less that excellent to have made hims speachless (at least in his opinion). And his referance to "in game" is also used heavily for graphics in video footage (wysiwyg).

This is the reason why many thought it was Heavy Rain as that has shown "virtual actors" and backgrounds of a very high quality graphics in a more adventure style setting (Heavy Rain also looks to be highly immersive).

Those are my reasons for saying excellence of graphics and I think they are valid ones.

Hmm... I don't think we are at the stage where motion sensing can bring more immersion yet. Right now, they are more like alternate fun or simplified control for casuals. The VR games usually cause more giddiness in the end. :(

Sony releases da uber break away fly fishing controller. Rapidly move the anlouge stick to real that fish in!!!!!

Hmm... I don't think we are at the stage where motion sensing can bring more immersion yet. Right now, they are more like alternate fun or simplified control for casuals. The VR games usually cause more giddiness in the end. :(

I disagree. WiiMotionPlus together with a good physics based game and nice high definition graphics on the PS3 would be my dream combination! :)

:LOL: I knew that comment will come up.

Has anyone tried it yet ?

I was just saying that it's weird to be rendered "speechless" by a motion sensing game. I'd expect the reaction to be "intriguing" or "fun". It sounds more like something emotional or visual or... I don't know what else, The Magic Mirror ?

It might be overhyped too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back