PS3 Secret Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently this is still unknown. Darren Winters sure has put his name on the map though ... :D

I think Heavy Rain's a strong possibility, since it wasn't openly shown at E3. GAF had cellphone shots of some unannounced PS3 game, some guy in power armor, though.

I think Heavy Rain's a strong possibility, since it wasn't openly shown at E3. GAF had cellphone shots of some unannounced PS3 game, some guy in power armor, though.

No no, even Winters confirmed that Heavy Rain (hardly a secret game!) is definitely not the game.

I don't question this guy word, but it looks like he didn't notice that MAG presentation was indeed CGI.
Thus an awesome upcoming game would be great butI prefer to have a look to it by my self.

Anyway a new IP would be fine anyway ;)

Apparently this is still unknown. Darren Winters sure has put his name on the map though ... :D

Indeed. At any point he can pounce on a new announcement and say "that was it!!", safe in the knowledge that his blog has plenty more hits than it used to :rolleyes:

But taking it at face value, you'll have to wait for Leipzig to see if any of Sony's 12 announcements are "a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion" :D

From what I have seen and read this game is Fracture from Lucasarts. Check out the Lucasarts/Fracture video from E3 this year and you can clealry see that it is the same guy in the armour suit (It almost looks the guy from Crysis)

From what I have seen and read this game is Fracture from Lucasarts. Check out the Lucasarts/Fracture video from E3 this year and you can clealry see that it is the same guy in the armour suit (It almost looks the guy from Crysis)

I haven't got the source but I have from a website (blog I think!) that the BBC guy said that the game he referred to was not shown at E3. I also believe its been confurmed that the game was not Heay Rain either.

I will try to find the article/blog for and put the link here!

*** edit ****

Back in February, Darren Waters, editor of the BBC News website’s technology index, reported that he had been shown a new, top secret game due out on the Playstation 3 in 2009, which could mark a “change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion.”

Supposed in-game footage was shown to him at the Game Developers Conference, and left him speechless. Waters was then sworn to absolute secrecy, and the nature of this secret was confirmed when he mentioned it to Phil Harrison, then head of Sony Worldwide Studios, who at first even failed to admit the game existed.

Waters has now responded to a reader’s question by saying that MAG was NOT the game he saw back in February, and that is a game still to be unveiled. He said:

And so I still can’t talk about it. Or even tell you what it’s called. In fact when I referred to it in passing and without detail in front of a BBC colleague this week, the Sony PR man drew a sharp intake of breath and shot me a withering look. Some of you might be thinking the game is pure vapourware. But I promise you it’s real.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/07/21/...ll-not-unveiled-sony-failed-to-show-it-at-e3/

I haven't got the source but I have from a website (blog I think!) that the BBC guy said that the game he referred to was not shown at E3. I also believe its been confurmed that the game was not Heay Rain either.

I will try to find the article/blog for and put the link here!

*** edit ****

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/07/21/...ll-not-unveiled-sony-failed-to-show-it-at-e3/

Or this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/07/is_the_mystery_game_revealed.html

to Terarrim

yes your right, Darren Winters was sitting in the Sony E3 Conference and was waiting for the 'secret game' to be shown but it wasn't. He even says that he was shown MAG before E3 and it wasnt that either, he later goes on to say that he was shown Heavy Rain behind closed doors, in which he points out that Heavy Rain was NOT the game he was shown by the Sony PR guys back in Feb 2008.

So we all still wait, maybe TGS or even Lepzeig ???????

I can tell you talk of this secret game is probably exactly what Sony doesn't want spreading right now though; it builds up hype for something that is being communicated through the lens/view of one singular individual. I appreciate an honest surprise now and then, such as with MAG, and Sony may find themselves in the position where a game that might otherwise have generated a ton of genuine excitement, might when actually revealed fail to meet the expectations of the 'shadow hype.'

to Carl B

I agree with you 100%. For example look at Haze the hype that went into that game was big but when released critics and gamers were not that impressed, I for one think Haze is not that bad of a game but the hype surronding Haze had been going on for months not that the delays didnt help. haha

I find it highly unlikely that we have precisely zero details for a (presumedly) AAA game which is to be released in only ~6 months, especially since the biggest tradeshow in the industry just passed without so much as a whisper or a glimpse.

There's just no precedent for such an occurrence.

I can tell you talk of this secret game is probably exactly what Sony doesn't want spreading right now though; it builds up hype for something that is being communicated through the lens/view of one singular individual. I appreciate an honest surprise now and then, such as with MAG, and Sony may find themselves in the position where a game that might otherwise have generated a ton of genuine excitement, might when actually revealed fail to meet the expectations of the 'shadow hype.'

Word of MAG was floating around before E3, for those uber Sony fans..

I find it highly unlikely that we have precisely zero details for a (presumedly) AAA game which is to be released in only ~6 months, especially since the biggest tradeshow in the industry just passed without so much as a whisper or a glimpse.

There's just no precedent for such an occurrence.

I'll agree with you totally if it doesn't appear at Leipzig, which is more about games than E3 nowadays.

to Carl B

I agree with you 100%. For example look at Haze the hype that went into that game was big but when released critics and gamers were not that impressed, I for one think Haze is not that bad of a game but the hype surronding Haze had been going on for months not that the delays didnt help. haha

Well, but Haze was supposed to be known/hyped... so yeah it's similar, but it's also a little different. At least with Haze, folk knew along which axis their excitement was supposed to be around. Here, we probably have some folk that think this is going to be the ultimate FPS, some that think it'll be innovative along the lines of LBP, some that think "teh ultimate grfx" are on the way, and some that think maybe it'll be a rockin' action game.

The initial surprise would set the tone and it could go from there. As it stands every day the userbase is adrift to speculate, and it will reach the point where fanboys start referencing this game in debates/discussions to make their cases, and further they may eventually get despondent that Sony has "not yet" revealed their ultimate title. (All attributes and creations of their own psyche, incidentally.)

It's just a bad road in general. I'm curious myself as much as anyone else, but I can also trust myself to not 'expect' anything in particular. Right now Darren Winters is the face of this secret project, and he's walking the muddled line between wanting to share his excitement with others, and not being able to actually say anything. So... I don't know, I just prefer not to think about this game until such time as it becomes known to us.

That's not to say that others can't speculate though, just that let's recognize that for each of us 'the ultimate game' means something different, and that includes Darren Winters. And further, to avoid the ill effects I describe in paragraph 2 that will in their own time become more BS on other Internet locales.

to ShaidarHaran

Yes, you would thing that some sort of leaked info would appear on the net about this game but nothing. All we have is a quote "If the footage I was shown truly is "in game", as told to me by the Sony PR people, then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion". - which sounds great but no video or gameplay details. Also E3 has passed and MAG was Sony's big announcement

Also were did you hear that it was releasing in ~6months

Also were did you hear that it was releasing in ~6months

My mistake, I read the quote in Terrarim's post (#8) and my brain inserted "February" into the "due out in 2009" section.

Sorry about that. :oops:

I still think my point stands, though. Even if it doesn't come out until the end of next year, we still should've heard something by now, unless the game just hasn't made significant progress in development, in which case it won't be coming out any time soon anyway :p

My mistake, I read the quote in Terrarim's post (#8) and my brain inserted "February" into the "due out in 2009" section.

Sorry about that. :oops:

No problems you just got my hopes up thats all, haha

I was checking out another forum there (not as good as B3D, lol) and a user: Forbidden_Darkness who claims to be a insider from the gamimg world or have contacts within the gaming world, has put this clue/quote about the PS3 secret game:

All im going to say is "when there is light, there are shadows, to vanquish the shadows, you must first turn off the light."

to be honest it could nothing or Forbidden_Kingdom drinks too much Coffee, :LOL:

Just thought I would share it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back