PS3 dev kit pics

rounin

Veteran
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705349p1.html

ps3-dev-unit-pics-20060505024749068.jpg

White balance, what's that? :LOL:

Looks like the devkit has 3 USB slots and the network switch, as well as CF card slot. Not sure what the other two ports to the right of it might be. They look too big for memory stick and SD card...

I also wonder what all the little switches above the network ports do. Looks kind of primitive, heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just something I noticed, dunno if it's anything worthwhile, but the IGN image shows a switch in the upper left corner called "Drive Select" and the alternatives are HDD and BD. So perhaps this would confirm the HDD once and for all? Pretty please? :)

New version of the controller? I don't keep on released/leaked info much....

that's not the last kits.The last one are called 'Angellina Jolie' and have a BD.
oh,BTW ,Yes ,there is a HDD.. in the kits ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
_phil_ said:
that's not the last kits.The last one are called 'Angellina Jolie' and have a BD.
God! that's just my devkit name, not a code name :)

xmu said:
Just something I noticed, dunno if it's anything worthwhile, but the IGN image shows a switch in the upper left corner called "Drive Select" and the alternatives are HDD and BD. So perhaps this would confirm the HDD once and for all? Pretty please? :)
I'd expect to hear some hardware announcements during E3, both hd and other accessories.
Phil Harrison hinted on this during a Q&A at GDC. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/03/phil-harrisons-media-qanda-video-from-gdc/

Nice to know every game coming out of sony will support the HD.

xmu said:

It wouldn't. Every dev kit would have a HDD, obviously, it doesn't mean every PS3 will.

_phil_ said:
oh,BTW ,Yes ,there is a HDD.. in the kits ;)
I are you being serious about it? :oops:

The pics in the new page show that this is exactly the same one at GDC. Even down to the Drive Select which was not fully visible before...

We called our first evalution kits 'Godzillas' .Nao called his (her) Angelina Jolie.If anything ,we can say that this past winter didn't feel lonely and cold.And no ,this isn't a break of NDA :)

Back