Problems with New Hardware

zyxwvu4321

Newcomer
Hello. I just got some new hardward in today, and I've been having some problems getting the sound set up. Before, I had an nForce 2 board and was running Logitech Z-680 speakers through SoundStorm using a coax digital cable.

I still have the same speakers, but now I am using an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum for the sound. Right now, I am only able to get sound to come out of the front 2 speakers. Whenever I run the speaker test, it also only gives me "Front Left" and "Front Right." Also, on the "Effects" for the Z-680's, I can't get Dolby Digital as an option, only PL2 Music and Movie. I'm using the same coax cable ast before to connect to the SPDIF out of the Audigy's front panel.

Another problem that I noticed while working on that one has to do with my DVD +/- RW drive. Windows is not recognizing my DVD +/- RW as a DVD drive. Under "My Computer," it is named correctly, but it is classified as a CD Drive. Whenever I put a DVD movie into the drive, I get a message that I cannot play the movie because no DVD device is detected. I know that the drive is working, because I have been playing music CDs in it all evening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my stuff:

Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
MSI Neo2 Platinum w/ nForce Unified Driver 5/10
2GB PC3200
GeForce 6800GT w/Forceware 71.89
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum w/ Driver 1.84.55 (May 12th)
Also, I did format and reinstall Windows and install all of the updates.

The DVD drive is the secondary master, but I think I got that problem fixed. I found the PowerDVD disc that came with the burner and installed that, and after that Star Wars worked with InterActual.

Back