Problems After Install new Power Supply

whitesti

Newcomer
Hey guys I recently help a friend install a power supply 400watt I forgot the brand. But anyways intall went smooth but after I hooked everyting up. And turned on the computer right when the computer starts to load up it stops and says that I have to press F1 to continue load windows or press some other key to get into BIOS and setup the new power supply something like that? So after hitting F1 everything works windows loads up runs fine. Just that evertime i turn on the pc I have to hit F1 or go into BIOS settings. How should I fix this problem?

When hit F1 or F2 to enter the BIOS is displayed on boot, hit F2 & enter the BIOS. Confirm the BIOS settings are as per your requirements & select save BIOS settings. Check Rojak's BIOS guide if unsure. If the problem persists & BIOS settings aren't saved, you'll need to change the motherboard battery.

well I know that I have to be in BIOS, but what excatly am I looking for???
There are no bios settings that pertains to the power supply; there are simply no adjustments to it that can be done through software. In fact, there's not even a data link between the two, all there is is the "power good" signal that goes active once voltages have stabilized when you throw the power switch, and tells the computer hardware it's safe to switch on...

When you boot up your system next time, check that everything looks alright in the BIOS setup, ie any changes you may have made in the past are still correct, and that the date and time display is accurate.

If any of these settings have reset themselves, your mobo battery is faulty or drained (though it usually takes 10+ years for a lithium cell to go flat). If everything has cleared itself it means either some weird fluke happened that reset your BIOS parameters to default, or your computer asks you to enter setup when you boot because all settings have been reset to default due to the battery not retaining them.

Enter any changes you may want once more (including date and time), save your changes and exit. Reset the PC and see what happens. If it asks you once again to enter setup and you find everything is reset, get a new battery, see if that fixes it.

Other than that, no idea what the problem might be.

Your BIOS probably was resetted/cleared in the process. Just go into the BIOS, set everything up as should be (clocks, voltages etc.), save and restart and you should be fine.

Back