Poor Quality Controllers (or how my daughter destroys one a year)

Finally got a legit controller. No peel on thumbpad, extra cardboard 'sleeve' in box, and the box print is sharper. So...holy crapoly! 75% of purchased DS controllers in my sample were fake!

Big thanks for your insight.
where did you get those fake controllers if that's not asking much? Dunno why Sony doesn't do anything about it.

Sony tries, I can assure you. They seize controllers at customs that have the Playstation registered shapes on the buttons and official logos on the home buttons. But there are so many of them, I'm sure they don't catch them all. And if the packaging looks legit, I think it might increase their chances of getting though. Once they get into the country, I think it's a matter of enforcement.

where did you get those fake controllers if that's not asking much? Dunno why Sony doesn't do anything about it.
Private sellers. Two on eBay. The third was Amazon when I tried to buy from a proper retailer, but of course Amazon mixes in private sellers and they caught me out. I thought they'd have the basic black controller in stock but they didn't. The final white controller was from Amazon though. Basically buy from a trusted retailer first and foremost in this case.

Back