playb3yond.com Videos and Wallpapers

Ben-Nice

Regular
code.jpg

Use this picture and then click on the symbols to spell any of these words and you will find video or info:

factorfive - all new 2 min Lair trailer
fire - Lair footage (shows Tauros? New monster)
fangs - Lair combat montage
king - Heavenly Sword wallpaper
nariko - Heavenly Sword wallpaper
andyserkis - Heavenly Sword TGS trailer
mayday - Warhawk wallpaper
dogfight - Warhawk video
machone - Warhawk music
tedprice - Resistance footage/interview
chimera - Resistance wallpaper
nathanhale - Another interview
music - Genji soundtrack
heishi - Genji 2 wallpaper
evolutionstudios - video
dust - Motorstorm wallpaper
monumentvalley - Wallpaper

http://www.playb3yond.com/

Why do companies think sites like this are a good idea? It just turns me off horribly. Especially that I have to have a translated map for the characters..How stupid.

Yes it is really stupid. What's wrong with a simple system where you "click" on "links"?

You know... You can even use a "laser" to make it look like you "shoot" the "links"... I mean i think that's an awesome "idea"...

*strokes white cat on his laps*

Also do you work for Sony? Cause its rather random to come into a forum, post a translated map (which has no obvious signs for translating) and then the codes?

There was a little bit of discussion on this over at NeoGAF and in the PS3 Billboard's in Canada (or something) thread in the Console Talk section.

Ah, got it. Hes Big Ben (the clock). I wonder what kind of internet connection he gets. (Subtle hint: Googling his name doesnt help). As for the site, I assume its rather new and thus hasnt been cached on google yet.

Edit: Retracted.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah... no thanks. I don't have the patience to tab back and forth to input characters. And I don't believe in wasting paper for this. *sigh*

edit: checks out nariko

playb3yond.com, hmm, so Sony is trying to steal some of Beyond3D.com hype, I see.

Can't blame them, though.

:p

From a marketing point of view such sites are pretty good I think. The characters they use really convey the PS brand. Anyways, sites like this ALWAYS get people talking (there's no such thing as bad PR, right :)), and there's ALWAYS someone with too much time on his hands to "crack the code". Now the only problem is that you'd have to serve some exclusive content, and for example the Heavenly Sword trailer has been seen everywhere already :/

And from my personal point of view, I kinda like the site but I wish there would've been more on Heavenly Sword :)

It's been updated and those giveaways seem to have been removed. Now it has new educational clips. Currently it has "SMARTER" for Cell, and "CAPACITY" for BD. "SMARTER" has some new footages of Warhawk and "CAPACITY" has a cool controllable physics demo of Resistance in it.

It's been updated and those giveaways seem to have been removed. Now it has new educational clips. Currently it has "SMARTER" for Cell, and "CAPACITY" for BD. "SMARTER" has some new footages of Warhawk and "CAPACITY" has a cool controllable physics demo of Resistance in it.

I don't believe what they are saying but they are pretty cool videos. The power of Sony marketing I suppose.;)

Yeah, definately tons of marketing hyperbole, but very cool videos none the less. :)
I like these much more than the european versions of them, much more direct and to the point.

I just used KILLZONE and it showed secret video of the game!!! :oops:

Nah! I didnt even click on the link :LOL:
Is there anything new and worth watching though? Or have they stayied with that content?

Back