Pangya Golf Wii

StefanS

meandering Velosoph
Veteran
the link:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/09/08/104,1157682675,59728,0,0.html

the Controls / bullet points:
* how to select direction of a shot or a club still unkown.
* swinging back changes the white power meter. Swinging back earlier makes the shot weaker.
* pressing A + swinging down shots the ball.
* the speed of the swing and the angle of the Wiimote when swining downward impacts the distance and the direction of flight
* tutorial mode

Pics of the swing:
h-104_59728_panya01.jpg.jpg

h-104_59728_panya02.jpg.jpg

h-104_59728_panya03.jpg.jpg

h-104_59728_panya04.jpg.jpg

the interpretation:
Basically selecting the club and giving the general direction of the ball are still unknown. Swinging is divided into 2 stages: the first (i.e. swinging back) gives the general upper limit, while swinging downward+pressing A determines the actual power and the actual direction.

If this is the kind of junk* people are looking forward to on wii. Sony should know off that bar sensor and wand controller ASAP and start bundling them with PS2 for 99 bucks. They will be guaranteed ports of every single last 3rd party wee game and blast out of the gates with a 100 million unit lead and basicly be raking in cash by getting all this extra full price software sold on PS2. It is a no-brainer. Pennies from heaven.

Get on it, Sony. KILL.

*Junk.... Not that it's not fun or it's not quality but if you want to forgo MY business for nongamers who want to pretend to swing things around (golf clubs tennis rackets whatever) feh... forget it.

I don't know. I was origionally way excited for Wii but now I'm feeling a little burned by being so far out of the demo. =( It's like Nintendo just don't want me anymore. It may be worth 200 for the Virtual Console alone, tho so we'll see if we can't have one more chance.

If this is the kind of junk* people are looking forward to on wii...

Because I'm sure PS3 isn't going to get a new iteration of Hotshots Golf. Every PS3 game is going to be the caliber of Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid.

*Junk.... Not that it's not fun or it's not quality but if you want to forgo MY business for nongamers who want to pretend to swing things around (golf clubs tennis rackets whatever) feh... forget it.

I read that every game for Wii except for Wii Sports and Pangya Golf has been cancelled. This is the ONLY kind of game available on Wii! That's right, Far Cry, Splinter Cell, Madden, Red Steel, Final Fantasy CC, and everything else that isn't an arcade sports game has been thrown right out. Wii is going to be the first console with an all-arcade-sports lineup. Nintendo's message with Wii is clear: Play arcade sports, or go soak your head.

It's like Nintendo just don't want me anymore.

I find it hard to be offended by a diverse launch line-up. I just don't play the games I'm not interested in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to be offended by a diverse launch line-up. I just don't play the games I'm not interested in.

I keep getting thee message that this isn't for the core gaming audience. It's for non gamers. I can vouch for that.

I'm trying to get excited about it. And as a test, I can imagine the vitual console, and I get pretty happy. But the focus on the pick up and play half ass party games was already losing meyears ago when Nintendo decided that was their new niche.

I'm raised on Nintendo and a big fan at heart but seeing stuff like this get shown off on wii while MS while MS is waving around Mass Effect... Well, Pangya (sic?) golf just aint for me. Neither is the inevitable fishing. Or water pumping. Or Excite Truck, etc etc....

Ruffle your feathers. It's my problem I'm not into the stuff, so don't worry about it.

That's fine too. Works pretty good IMHO.

It really does. I primarily play a PS2 and PL2 is about the most you can expect. For the most part works pretty good.

Exepct have you heard the PS2 EA games that use THX? Sounds freaking great!! Anyone know why this isn't used more often?

Exepct have you heard the PS2 EA games that use THX? Sounds freaking great!! Anyone know why this isn't used more often?

I believe what they are using is 4 channel DTS and while it isn't as taxing as Dolby Digital it still reguires full use of one vector unit, which is a lot if I'm not mistaken. Maybe others think Pro Logic 2 is good enough.

I believe what they are using is 4 channel DTS and while it isn't as taxing as Dolby Digital it still reguires full use of one vector unit, which is a lot if I'm not mistaken. Maybe others think Pro Logic 2 is good enough.

That make sense. Of the two vector units one only only was equipped to do the primary graphical crunching. The other one was often put to good creative use by clever developers. I guess EA had their own use for it. Bears repeating, the sound is fantastic compared to the Pro Logic 2 stuff.

Back