overclock quickie for nforce 2... :)

mito

beyond noob
Veteran
What settings should I set in BIOS if I wish to overclock my cpu and memory to the following:

cpu: 2200
fsb: 200
mem: pc3200.
timings: 2-2-2-5

I've got a powerful fan over my motherboard and it's winter here in brazil, almost 10C...

I confess I never really understood this multiplier issue....

Currenly the multiplier is at 12.5.

Don't fret it, I'm sorry I was insulting....I of all people shouldn't get down on someone for asking a question. :oops:

If you can't change your CPU multiplier, (if your mobo is what they call "multiplier locked"), then you can either use a hack to get around it (depending on your mobo) or you can up your FSB to 220 which will take you up to 2.2Ghz too.

Right now you have a 10x multiplier it sounds like, your rig is at 2Ghz?

dw,

please do not apologize.... i don't understand why you are using the words "don't fret it"..... :) (what does "fret" mean? :oops: )

the thing is, my mb is capable of many options, just don't know where to begin. that's why I initially asked the question.

:oops:

Sorry, your english is too damned good....I keep forgetting it ain't your native tongue and still use too much slang. :oops:

"Don't fret it" = "do not worry about it". "Fret"="worry". :)

I just noticed your mobo and it's one of the better and more popular nForce2 boards and I'm pretty sure you can change multipliers with it in the bios easily.

I'll poke around and see if I can find an OCing guide for that particular board....

(I got an Abit NF7-S rev2, pretty much because it's about the most popular OCing nForce2 mobo out there and I knew there was a TON of info on how to do stuff with it....but yours is right up there with mine in popularity and info about it so it shouldn't be hard to find)

I've been using for the past few days the following settings

12.5 x 170 = 2125mhz

Win xp and games were stable.

So today I decided to increase by 5 mhz (12.5 x 175 = 2188mhz)

The mobo wouldn't boot. Ok. So I reset the CMOS. Still wouldn't boot. Panic, fear!!! Did I kill my mobo or cpu? Hope not. I removed the cmos battery, reset CMOS, put battery back on. Thank God mobo reboots.

Back to default settings (12.5 x 166 = 2085, default xp2600 speed).

Now my mobo won't accept 12.5 x 170 that I used for some days. What's happening? It doesn't to want to overclock anymore.... :cry:

Back