Outlast 2

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
Welp this game came out a week ago or so and I've put a chunk of time into it. I think I'm nearing the end. It's a bit draining to play. Like Alien Isolation on Nightmare hehe. If you like your creepy, unnerving, disturbingnesses, I recommend checking it out. I got it on GOG.

The atmosphere is thick like the original game but the setting is completely different. No mental hospital thing this time. You get to leisurely explore and be terrified in a picturesque forest set backwater inbred village with Christianity run extraordinarily amuck of course. Yikes. There's a secondary B story mixed in too.

I'd liken it somewhat to RE7 but you don't get to kill anything. Just run and hide, read stuff, witness horrors, get castrated if caught, etc. You have a video camera with infrared vision that eats batteries like a Sega GameGear, and some gauze to fix yourself up with.

Surprisingly great visuals too.

Requisite trailer for your enjoyment

Last edited:
Welp this game came out a week ago or so and I've put a chunk of time into it. I think I'm nearing the end. It's a bit draining to play. Like Alien Isolation on Nightmare hehe. If you like your creepy, unnerving, disturbingnesses, I recommend checking it out. I got it on GOG.

The atmosphere is thick like the original game but the setting is completely different. No mental hospital thing this time. You get to leisurely explore and be terrified in a picturesque forest set backwater inbred village with Christianity run extraordinarily amuck of course. Yikes. There's a secondary B story mixed in too.

I'd liken it somewhat to RE7 but you don't get to kill anything. Just run and hide, read stuff, witness horrors, get castrated if caught, etc. You have a video camera with infrared vision that eats batteries like a Sega GameGear, and some gauze to fix yourself up with.

Surprisingly great visuals too.

Requisite trailer for your enjoyment
Gotta check the price and the reviews. I missed the first one for the Xbox One -they gave it as XBL games with gold iirc-

Thankfully, there is no mental hospital setting this time, I found that as familiar as it was too cliché in the first part.

Gotta check the price and the reviews. I missed the first one for the Xbox One -they gave it as XBL games with gold iirc-

Thankfully, there is no mental hospital setting this time, I found that as familiar as it was too cliché in the first part.
It's scary as can be. If you dislike being chased and being weaponless, it's probably not a game for you though. :) I play a LOT of horror games and yeah it does horror well.

I played the original game but never finished it. It was good though.

The horrors, my friends. Really though, this is the horror game of the year I think. Yikes. :)

I think it's UE4 and it has some surprisingly snazzy graphics too.

2017-06-02_1951_2.jpg
2017-06-02_1949_1.jpg

Back