Oui! French train races at 574.8 kph

a few years ago, i was riding around germany on bike, and by chance came upon this train ( i think it might of been a mag-lev one)
it was totally deserted, was it a failed experiment?
i love the feeling of traveling by train at +300km/hr and watching the trees leaves rush by the window at 2 meters distance, give me train over plane any day

Haha Veyron gets its @ss beat by a train.:LOL:
Didn't TopGear say that the Veyron could only go at top speed for about 15 minutes(before it ran out of fuel (which is lucky because the tyres would disintegrated not long after)?

Didn't TopGear say that the Veyron could only go at top speed for about 15 minutes(before it ran out of fuel (which is lucky because the tyres would disintegrated not long after)?

Yep, specifically it would run out of fuel after 12 minutes before the tires blew out at 15 minutes.:LOL:

So uif you fuel it back up and floor the accelerator do the tires blow out after 3 minutes then? :oops:
Peace.

Maybe a tiny bit longer than 3 minutes because they had time to cool a bit during the refuel. Dunno but on a continuous ride a top speed if you had enough fuel you are screwed lol

So uif you fuel it back up and floor the accelerator do the tires blow out after 3 minutes then? :oops:
Peace.
Well, as the stress on the tyre probably goes up (at least) with the square of the RPM (=>speed) then it wouldn't surprise me that the tyres are probably knackered by that stage.

Would that really matter? I dont think you'll find a 80km perfectly straight piece of road, with the right conditions and no traffic with a fuelstation at the end anywhere.

Weird that we can't make tires that last longer than a quarter hour at 400kph..

Is it pressure buildup inside that causes damage or just plain heat? How hot might they get anyway?
Peace.

Mind you... hitting a 'roo (or a road train) at that speed would be somewhat terminal.

But is that road 100% flat and without any holes or whatever? Also since its in australia it might actually be to warm for the car?

Weird that we can't make tires that last longer than a quarter hour at 400kph..

Is it pressure buildup inside that causes damage or just plain heat? How hot might they get anyway?
Peace.

I dont think its a problem making tires last longer if they wanted to. But they probably figured that since the fuel runs out before the tires blow and that probably nobody is going to run it at full speed for 12+ minutes anyway there wasnt really a need for having those tires.

All tyres have a speed classification. And I don't think many people want to buy tyres rated for 400+ km/h. So they're probably the highest rated ones commercially available, which are rated a bit too low.

They arnt classified to low. The car can go flat out for 12 minutes, the tires last for 15 minutes so the tires outlast the car. besides that I doubt any of the 1 of 25 owners is going to take the trouble of finding a road long enough for 12 minutes full speed run, and back again. Hell, I doubt the owners actually will ever take the car to its top speed on their own let alone do it for 24 minutes.

That actually raises another question. Actually how many owners of supercars take their car to their limit? For example i've only read about 2 owners taking their Enzo to the limit. Ofcourse reading about it isnt eactly a good source to determain numbers.

went across the nullabor plain by train from adeliade -> perth ( must be the worlds slowest train, i swear parts the train was moving slower than walking pace, had a shag on the train, man i was bored )
yeah north western oz has a lot of straight roads, they only put a bend in them like every 50-100km to keep drivers awake. ie the bend is 90degrees for maybe 20meters and then turns back the original direction

Back