Ouch. Yikes. Meh.

Well I wont participate in this pissing match anymore but Sega GT is an average racing game at best. We've had alot of ppl taking it back at SE. Now Buffy is pretty decent game. We'll see how it all turns out. I think both systems will have a good Christmas. I just hope they can turn the PS2 tide some this season.

Goldni, your Ps2 list is laughable. These are the Ps2 games I'll be getting this holiday:

Armored Core 3
Summoner 2
Gungrave
Kingdom Hearts
Tekken 4 (likely)
Duel Saga (Legaia 2)
.hack
Wild Arms 3
Shinobi
Auto Modellista (likely)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

No less than 11 games :D

The real contest is going to boil down to:

PS2:

GTA: Vice
Tomb Raider
Sly Cooper

Xbox:

Blinx
Splinter Cell
Unreal Championship

Gamecube:

Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil Zero

On that score, I think that all three platforms are pretty solid, but I give the edge to the PS2. The Xbox has a strong multi-player lineup though and Nintendo has their bases covered.

Marketing is going to make a big difference this year.

well I wouldnt dismis RedFaction 2 either. The first one sold almost half a million and the sequal has been showing improvements in every area imaginable. It will be the system's token FPS this autumn.

And even tho Sly will most likely be the best platformer of the year, I don't think it will sell all that well. $ony seems to be concentrating on marketing R&C much more heavily :rolleyes:

Teasy you are so incredibly pedantic, not to mention just outright wrong.

Err, what's pedantic about mentioning some review scores I happened to see for a game? I remember a few people in this forum saying they were disapointed with the scores Sega GT was getting, and buffy has gotten low 8 to mid 7 scores on nost sites I've seen.

Buffy and SegaGT are both being heralded as great games across many review sites and more importantly, by the gamers themselves.

Really?, Buffy's average review rating is 79%. Sega GT's average review rating is 83%. And since you like to compare that one bad Mario Sunshine score to these games SMS's average review score is 93%.

And hang on, didn't both those games rate higher than SMS's "8.0"?

Heh, yeah there's a difference between a couple of sites on the whole of the net giving a game a lowish score and most sites giving it a lowish score.

At the end of the day I left both of those games on the list, I just said that I didn't think they were exactly big games that's all, its not big deal.

Buffy got slagged because it's Buffy. The gameplay in that game is excellent. It's an 8.5/10. Nothing wrong with that. The Gamecube could use a few more games that are 8.5/10 instead of five 9/10s and a bunch of 6s and 7s. The Cube has only had three exclusive games of any worth released this year - ED, SMB2 and SMS (Sonic - port, RE - port). The Xbox has had six - RSC, ESIII, JSRF, GUNVALKYRIE, Sega GT 2002, Buffy.

This isn't unusual for a Nintendo system to be light on 3rd party 8.5+/10 games. I got my Gamecube because it was sure to deliver 4 (and only 4) must have games every year, but I'm sure glad I have my Xbox as my staple system.

The Cube has only had three exclusive games of any worth released this year - ED, SMB2 and SMS(Sonic - port, RE - port)

Worth to who exactly?

GameCube has had many more then 3 exclusives of real worth this year, most of them of allot more worth then Buffy or Sega GT, here are the top games:

Animal Crossing
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Resident Evil
Pikmin

And Star Fox Adventures is out tommorow as well!

Oh and BTW, to say that Res Evil is just a port is really pretty stupid.

The Xbox has had six - RSC, ESIII, JSRF, GUNVALKYRIE, Sega GT 2002, Buffy

Buffy, Sega GT and Gunvalkyrie are of worth and yet Animal Crossing, Resident Evil and Pikmin aren't?.. hmm I wonder which got the best reviews out of those games ;)

Oh, btw Teasy, we talked about Phantasy Star online in a previous thread similar to this one, do you remmber when I mentioned that the xbox version would be identicle to the GC versions of the game?

here it is

http://sega.jp/x/pso/

Xbox is ALSO getting PSO 1&2 and not just version 2 like you previously thought. Infact, I heard that the xbox version is going to feature an extra character as well...

And Star Fox Adventures is out tommorow as well!

Hey that's interesting, I thought you said Rare wasn't as good as it used to be? If that's true, then why are you including starfox adventures in your GC list of exclusives that matter?

PSO ep 1 & 2 for Xbox probably will have more than 1 extra characters (there was pics of the TGS booth, and at the top of the booth it shows the potraits of all available characters, definitely a few more than the GC version)

and IGN reported that it will support world translator,
u speak in the voice communicator and it will translate your words into suitable word bubbles for your party members

it will also support the keyboard (available at release), a first for an Xbox game

-aneep-

What the point of this thread ?

No two players likes the same games, and even when it's the case it's often not for the same reason.

All you can say when seeing upcoming titles is which appeal the more to you, but even then if you never played any, you aren't really sure.

Personnal experience:
Was expecting much from Baldur's Gate, tested it, hated it.
Was expecting much from Morrowind, bought it, 100% dissapointed.

So to recap:
You can't really know what games are worth TO YOU before playing them.

So upcoming titles lists is only usefull in letting people know what will be available.

And you're still behaving like children...

(According to some of you, you should buy NINTENDO consoles since you behave like children :p Or maybe I missed their point, and really I don't care.)

MrSingh said:
Japan is still getting PDO in December 2002. :p

which kinda support the rumors that PDO was delayed to make way for Shenmue and TJ n E (in US)

also PSO ep 1 n 2 for XB is also finished already in time for XB Live launch
Yuji Naka was kinda pissed at MS apparently because they work so hard to finish the game early and MS then announced XB Live Japan starts in Jan. 2003

the game will probably make it to US this year though (at XB Live launch was strongly rumored, 11/15/02)

report at Gamepro.com

-aneep-

Oh, btw Teasy, we talked about Phantasy Star online in a previous thread similar to this one, do you remmber when I mentioned that the xbox version would be identicle to the GC versions of the game?

here it is

That link comes up as a load of meaningless characters, am I missing something from my browser or something?

Hey that's interesting, I thought you said Rare wasn't as good as it used to be? If that's true, then why are you including starfox adventures in your GC list of exclusives that matter?

Yes I said RareWare are not what they once were, and I wondered if they could still produce really high quality games without Nintendo's help. Firstly what RareWare once were was the creaters of the best game I've ever played GE, saying there not as good as they once were doesn't make them bad. I would still expect them to create good to very good games. My main concern would be the time it would take them to create those games.

Secondly Nintendo had a big hand in SFA AFAIK, I still expect it to be at least a very good and polished game. Maybe it won't be THE cream of the crop (Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime, ED being in that catagory), but I'd be extremely suprised if it wasn't well worth being on that list given that RareWare are still talented, had Nintendo's help, and took 5 years to make the game! I'll certainly be buying the game, because it looks like a great looking game that is pretty much copying Zelda in its style.. I expect the game to be very enjoyable.

As for PSO, I've seen nothing much of the XBox version, IGN just has some vague article on it but no mention of anything new in there. The IGN article lists new characters/levels ect. Can someone give me a link to info on PSO that actually shows in some sort of detail exactly what this game has on XBox?

That link comes up as a load of meaningless characters, am I missing something from my browser or something?

You didn't see the title on the Webpage? PSO 1&2? that was all I wanted to show you really. That it's actually coming to Xbox and that it's including both adventures.

You aren't going to find much info about differences between the two games ( GC and Xbox ), because basically they are the same.

Back