omg.. my mom got me one of those hungry man meals.. eek

TheMightyPuck said:
Blah. Eat real food if you can. The fake packages stuff is just there to make us slaves. Also, SOYLENT GREEN...is...people!!!!
Today I had 4 scambled eggs with a bit of summer sausage for breakfast:cool:
High in cholesterol but I don't eat em often.
For lunch I had 5 frozen rolled tacos (beef) and dinner I had a bean burrito with cheese:D
In between lunch and dinner I had one of those pizza bread things from the cafeteria at school, not bad at all.
btw :LOL:
I need to watch that movie some time.

Tree tavern pizza are the best frozen food . I lived through highschool on that stuff (my parents would allways go on trips )

my mom just brought me several hungry man meals. i love them! very good. only thing is i had a little trouble heating it to get it all hot. i had to take it back to the microwave a couple times before it was all nice and hot. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a program in the UK called "Honey, we're killing the kids". Sounds applicable here.

You're soooo lazy, people...

Nothing better than a self-made, all natural meal. Not that I do it every day either, though... :oops:

Vysez said:
I like the 231% cholesterol value, the 98% fat and the 87% of sodium. Yummy, there's nothing better than a microwaved dish made with nothing but fat, salt and love. A lot of love.
At least this has 36g of protein. I was shocked when radeonic said there's only 7g of protein in 1lb of hungryman.

My fat intake is pretty much entirely consumed during protein intake, e.g. meat, milk, yogurt, etc. I think my mom trained me to hate fat when I was young, because I just don't see how people think it's so tasty.

The Marie Callender's Pot Pies are amazingly good for frozen, microwavable food:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00032A852

I've had most of the flavors (beef, chicken, turkey, cheesy chicken, honey chicken, etc...), and I just can't believe that it's frozen food. It tastes just as good or better than any freshly made pot pie I've had. What's really wieird is that cooking them in the micro works better than the oven, and only takes 10 minutes vs 60.

I wish more of the TV dinners turned out like this, but most aren't even close. Even the other Marie Callender stuff is pretty gross.

Nite_Hawk said:
I just went to the website to check. Not as bad as I would have thought: 600mg. Not great by any means, but considering how much sodium these things typically have...
Nite_Hawk

Yea, not bad compared to other frozen meals but still my main concern with them. We Americans have way too much sodium/day in our diets.

radeonic2 said:
i dont get it?
I thought that everybody knew that French were gastronomy-fascists. :p
radeonic2 said:
Btw you a real life frenchy?
Yep. Didn't my engrish, my colorful grammar and inventive phrases structure gave it away?

Vysez said:
I thought that everybody knew that French were gastronomy-fascists. :p

Yep. Didn't my engrish, my colorful grammar and inventive phrases structure gave it away?
Sorry, I'm ignorant of the french:)
I do hear they're arrogant though hehe.
But I kinda like them despite the sterotypes.
The language is teh sex.
I dont know any but the way it sounds is so fucking cool:LOL:
Mintmaster said:
At least this has 36g of protein. I was shocked when radeonic said there's only 7g of protein in 1lb of hungryman.

My fat intake is pretty much entirely consumed during protein intake, e.g. meat, milk, yogurt, etc. I think my mom trained me to hate fat when I was young, because I just don't see how people think it's so tasty.
Indeed.
Is pork just not a protien rich food or what?
Given rolled tacos have more.. when they weigh virtually nothing.
How much do protein supplements and the like help build muscle if you're lifting for an hour 2-3 times a week?

John Reynolds said:
Yea, not bad compared to other frozen meals but still my main concern with them. We Americans have way too much sodium/day in our diets.

Yeah, I just had a chipotle burrito last night for dinner. I should probably be eating salid today to make up for all the sodium intake. :)

Still, they are crack to me. Even Asian food is a pale addiction compared to that of Chipotle.

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
Yeah, I just had a chipotle burrito last night for dinner. I should probably be eating salid today to make up for all the sodium intake. :)

Still, they are crack to me. Even Asian food is a pale addiction compared to that of Chipotle.

Nite_Hawk
I love asian good.. well american asian food anyway.
Like rice king's sweet and sour orange chicken and charbroiled teriyaki chicken :drool:

radeonic2 said:
How much do protein supplements and the like help build muscle if you're lifting for an hour 2-3 times a week?
I think it depends on the person. I've recently learned that I'm heavily diet dependent. I lost around 20lbs not working out and not eating well in the past month due to being on crutches (stingray bite) and clearing the ensuing backlogged work. I'm really skinny for my strength.

I'm going to ramp up my eating again soon. Protein is obviously the best way to go if you want to keep fat in check.

Mintmaster said:
I think it depends on the person. I've recently learned that I'm heavily diet dependent. I lost around 20lbs not working out and not eating well in the past month due to being on crutches (stingray bite) and clearing the ensuing backlogged work. I'm really skinny for my strength.

I'm going to ramp up my eating again soon. Protein is obviously the best way to go if you want to keep fat in check.
well I've found I dropped about 0 weight by kicking soda out of my diet:cry:
I used to for for 44oz once or twice a day.
Based on that I still drink a bit of soda , but not as much.
My new drug of choice is gatoraid:D
I used to go for a 32oz after workout(water during) but I found 711 has a couple of flavers on tap for only $1:19 for a 44 oz and 89 cents for refills.
I wear my fat on my sides gut and er.. pecs.
There's a little asian dude that in's my weight lifting class and he can do a slightly bigger barbell curl but I totally pwn him in the wide grip lateral pull down.
he weighs like 140 I think and I weight 230:oops:

Gatoraid is really bad, too, though, unless you are very active. Electrolytes=salt=bad unless you get rid of that salt somehow (i.e. sweat).

Back