Old News: AMD CTO resigns, NVIDIA CFO retires, DDR3 for MCP7A, S3, etc.

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by B3D News, Apr 14, 2008.

1. B3D News

B3D News Beyond3D News
    Regular

We missed a couple of news-worthy tidbits in recent days and weeks, so here's a quick news post with links to each of these things and a tiny bit of individual analysis. First on the list: 3DFX releases the Voodoo Graphics 3D accelerator! Oh right, let's skip that one then...

Read the full news item

2. OICAspork

Newcomer

Yay for brief mention of S3!

Thanks for those links. I noticed the S3 thread was closed in the Architectures & Chips section, probably due to nothing useful being added to it. Any chance that B3D or Tech Report will be covering the processor in any detail? I know that you guys are busy with lots of things behind the scenes these days, but it seems S3 actually did quite a decent job this time around, and it has been awhile since anyone other than NVidia or AMD have produced a usable part. That alone makes me hope for enough success to help them get some momentum with their next part. *Laughs* I might make a tiny little media center PC around one of these just to support the under dog!

3. Arun

Arun Unknown.
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Oops, I unlocked that thread, that was for when the S3 thing was going to be a separate news piece... :) Anyhow, yeah - we don't even really have the time to test G92/RV670 properly, so we'll need to refrain from testing the 430GT for now sadly!