Oh heck no!

K.I.L.E.R said:
http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=64dae8368aacc3b4

My vision is blurred over a distance. Does this mean I should stop using a computer?

This sucks.

Can anyone tell me what I should do to avoid glucoma?
i can just see thousands of lawyers waiting to sue hl2. An epidemic in a few months.

epic

K.I.L.E.R said:
My vision is blurred over a distance. Does this mean I should stop using a computer?

Means you should get yourself some glasses or contact lenses. You seem to be nearsighted. ;)

Can anyone tell me what I should do to avoid glucoma?

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think it's a condition that CAN be avoided. Sort of like the flu, you get it if you get it. It's very uncommon, though if you're worried you should get the pressure in your eyeballs examined. That will tell if you got it, though with 99.9+% certainty you do not. Typically, this is something that affects elderly people.

Guden Oden said:
It's very uncommon, though if you're worried you should get the pressure in your eyeballs examined. That will tell if you got it, though with 99.9+% certainty you do not. Typically, this is something that affects elderly people.
It's actually surprisingly common or at least it is in the UK with 1 in 50 people over the age of 40 suffering from it; those families that have suffered from glaucoma in the past will have a tendency to develop in their children too.

What would you class as elderly though? My mother developed it when she was 45, my grandmother at 50 and my grandfather at 58 - by today's standards, that's not elderly but you are correct that by inferring that it something which is rare in less than middle-aged people. I have my eyes checked every 6 months for it given that I meet two of the main criteria for developing it (very short sighted and family history).

Guden Oden said:
...you should get the pressure in your eyeballs examined.

I hate the machine they use to do that. How on earth do they expect you to keep your head still when they fire a jet of air at your eyeball!!

Still, not quite as bad as when they check the underside of your eyelid when you get contact lenses. Uggh!

CC

Back