Nintendo Labo - DIY cardboard peripherals for Switch

I know I would have loved the hell out of it if only I was 30 years younger.

I'm a lonely 31 years old man and I like LABO! Hahaha

Still need to finish the guitar tho... Some redditor helped me with the chords, and I made a 3 chords guitar. Wanna get it to 5 chords

Yeah that's me hahaha.

I wonder what he'll think of zelda in VR. Puke party? Hahaha. The Mario odyssey should be awesome tho, as those will get special vr mini levels

Anyway,
Yoshida-san is pretty weird for a boss of such huge company (I wish Playstation Asia also follow his example. .) because He's pretty open in twitter and various interviews. He also act like a human being.

Now I remember Iwata-san :( really love his "talks" in Nintendo website where he talks about tons of behind the scene stuff (I think it was "iwata ask")
haha, that's what I call an insider -not sure about calling you a guru, but still insider-.

Now that you mention Iwata....

Satoru Iwata's reply to a fan letter, April 8th, 2013:

Hello. This is Iwata from Nintendo. Thank you for the letter.
I'm very happy that you chose Nintendo for your "Hello Work at 12" project.

In middle school, I developed an interest in computers, and before long I'd decided to study computers seriously in college. While I was a college student, I realized how fun it was to make video games, and chose that for my job.

Making video games is a job that requires a lot of energy, but for me it was even more fun than playing them. That and the fact that other people could also enjoy what I'd made gave me a sense of purpose.

Game development requires the drawing together of many different fields. You need people to think up game designs, people to draw pictures, people to make music and sound effects, people to program, people to test the game...

...people to make sure that the whole team is working together well, and so on. That's why I don't think there's a right answer to the question of what you should study.

I do think that you'll be able to find what you're good at by thinking deeply about all the things you're interested in, not settling for spending your days without increasing your knowledge, making lots of discoveries, and repeating that process.

While what you're good at and what you enjoy doing might not necessarily be the same, I've had the experience of others recognizing things I'm good at, even if I didn't actually like it at first.

That's one reason why you should continue studying and gaining experience without bias. Please do your best.

https://uploadvr.com/super-mario-odyssey-vr-details/

So, this is going to be interesting. It's Super Mario (3 levels + bonus ability to watch exist cutscenes in 3D in theater mode) so it has a chance to ignite some VR fever if done well. OTOH, it requires the Labo VR kit...

Also Legend of Zelda: BOW is supposedly getting "full VR support" versus just the 3 levels for Super Mario.

If these take off, I wonder if Nintendo or a 3rd party will make a more durable VR harness instead of having to use the cardboard from the Labo VR kit?

Regards,
SB

https://uploadvr.com/super-mario-odyssey-vr-details/

So, this is going to be interesting. It's Super Mario (3 levels + bonus ability to watch exist cutscenes in 3D in theater mode) so it has a chance to ignite some VR fever if done well. OTOH, it requires the Labo VR kit...

Also Legend of Zelda: BOW is supposedly getting "full VR support" versus just the 3 levels for Super Mario.

If these take off, I wonder if Nintendo or a 3rd party will make a more durable VR harness instead of having to use the cardboard from the Labo VR kit?

Regards,
SB

https://www.etsy.com/listing/685180882/nintendo-labo-vr-headset-strap-for

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=labo+vr&dwh=835cbf7a8412367

If you build it, they will come.

Tommy McClain

Realistically, Zelda can't be a 'quality' VR experience. Post-Occulus, 90 Hz is the minimum framerate needed for presence non-puke-inducing tracking. NSW is at best 60 fps, and Zelda is 30 fps with framerate drops in normal 2D mode. So there's no way it's going to be 60 fps even, which is going to be a poor VR experience.

The description from the guy making it suggests you'll be playing with it disabled an switching it on at particular moments of interest:

It’s possible to switch the display method at any point in your adventure. We recommend taking a look through the VR Goggles when there’s something interesting to see, like a location with a great view, a favourite character, or a favourite piece of equipment.

That's the official recommendation, to stop at quiet, static moments and take in the VR scenery, rather than run around immersed in a 3D world. It's highly implausible that the experience is going to be something something you'll want to engage in for any length of time.

Back