NINES - console-like shooter inspired by Shifty's console-level game and NIER: Automata hacking game

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Introducing, NINES.
High-adrenaline top-down shooter with console-like precision and maneuverability.

What we have here:
  • near-zero HUD
  • one-finger control
  • touch anywhere to move and shoot
  • touch enemy to lock-on
  • 1 level only
  • non-working death and mission state (failed/complete/retry/multi-ending)
  • no sound
  • hasnt been tested on a phone at all
Download from PlayStore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nines.bramantya.org

What do you think of it?

Last edited:
android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO,android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE. Are requested in this app but are not used. It adds that permission by itself when compiled using cocoon.io.

Well done. Very minimal! That's all the rage these days which saves a bundle on creating art. The vehicle always defaults to aiming slightly left of up when not moving rather than staying faced in its last direction, which seems odd. The auto tracking of selected enemies worked nicely though.

New update:

Alternative control scheme where you can touch and drag anywhere.

Bug:
The original control method cannot be enabled

(it should be toggled by touching the character model)

Well done. Very minimal! That's all the rage these days which saves a bundle on creating art. The vehicle always defaults to aiming slightly left of up when not moving rather than staying faced in its last direction, which seems odd. The auto tracking of selected enemies worked nicely though.

Yeah I'm still not sure what I can do to make it not default to facing top left (0,0).

I've also added a new control method, but it makes the original control method can't be enabled haha.

Gonna abandon this tho. Wanna try making top down racing game with swooping camera.

Fiddled around a bit, and it already gave me headache. But for some reason it's not stressing me out, it's calming. Weird.

Feels like fighting a boss in a game.

Back