"Next for BitTorrent: Search"

yea its in beta and the servers have been down for a bit (like 2 weeks ) but it works good when its up

jvd said:
Similar maybe, but not the same thing as the Wired article that Anandtech is referencing. Exeem is/(was?) the adware-driven moneymaking scheme by the guy that ran SuprNova. It doesn't, IMNSHO, work very well (or reliably for that matter) and people are in progress of adding similar search and share functionality to Azureus now that the decentralized tracker has been successfully implemented. Decentralized BitTorrent tracking can't 'go down' for example and it's not proprietary. I'm pretty sure Exeem will be going the way of the dodo before too long.

Trackerless support is also included in the official (beta) BitTorrent client so I think this new 'invention' from Bram Cohen and his guys would be similar to a kad search i emule. Only it's not searching any real content just the metadata beeing reported by the decentralized tracker feature of the new client; returning the torrent stats and a distributed hash table (DHT) link.

Sounds like it will run from the website and not inside the program itself. Guess he needs some ad income now that he's apparently no longer working on Steam for Valve.

Back