new Turbo C++/C#/Delphi etc.

demalion

Veteran
I'm interested in some detailed impressions of these (apparently) new products from what appears to be a planned Borland spin-off dedicated to IDE products. Here is a link to the website dedicated to the products and their free version downloads available now ("Explorer", analogous to Visual Studio's "Express", down to as tated lack of IDE extensibility). A "less than $500" Pro version is planned (not sure if it is for sale yet).

Anyone have any comments on observed compiler quality comparisons, perhaps using some of their own source code projects for testing?

How about commentary on stability, IDE features, feature comparison to Express products, GUI development, suitability for certain tasks, etc.?

Thanks for the info, I didn't even know about these versions. Just what I needed for my new trainee :cool:

Nice! I'm going to check them out. I'll report back when I'm done, next week or so.

Q: Can I have more than one Turbo installed on my PC at once?

A: Only one Turbo product can be installed on a PC or VM at a time. In addition, the Turbo products cannot be installed on a machine that has the Borland Developer Studio installed.

That's a bummer, as I have BDS 2006 installed on my development laptop (among many other dev platforms, of course). And I need that.

Q: Can I have more than one Turbo installed on my PC at once?

A: Only one Turbo product can be installed on a PC or VM at a time. In addition, the Turbo products cannot be installed on a machine that has the Borland Developer Studio installed.

That's a bummer, as I have BDS 2006 installed on my development laptop (among many other dev platforms, of course). And I need that.

Then why you need any "turbo" ? Maybe its time to download vmware player? ;)

Back