New PS3 FPS.... Game Alliance : The Silent War

mrboo

Regular
Alliance: The Silent War, a title likely unknown to all but the most fervent gamers, is actually a smash-hit in the making. Here at PS3Land we had the opportunity to interview Asi Lang, CEO of Windward Mark Interactive, to bring you an inside scoop on this incredible next-gen title.

Prepare yourselves for an epic story that will bring new life to gaming, and reinvigorate the First Person Shooter (FPS) genre. The interview covers such topics as the storyline, release date, the propiertary engine used, destructable levels, polygon count, body damage and myriad other areas.

We are certainly excited about the future of this game, and believe after reading this interview you will be too. Now, on with the interview.

Here's a few shot's :

12_large.jpg

8_large.jpg

11_large.jpg

And the developer interview can be found here along with some more screen shot's and a demonstation video of the game engine.

Did they ever find a publisher for the game? I know they were looking for one at E3 when it was announced for the PC and 360.

Looks pretty ugly, even in the video. The colours, texturing and lighting are just too flat and modelling looks bad. The animation isn't too good either and framerate is choppy.
Horrible.
Hope this is just a very very early version with placeholder textures and models.
Looks like a PC game from ten years ago.

The tech-demo had a nice and realistic outdoor lighting and weather engine ,but the little indoor footage, two guys wandering around the room, was rough. The lighting from the windows didn't fall across them as a cast shadow, but just was faded in and out as they walked across the shadows of each pane. The texturing looks weak and the models aren't particularly exciting either.

I hope it goes well for them. Taking two years to commit to project is a real gamble (unless they're millions who worked their way up from washing silverware at McDonalds) and I wouldn't want them to crash out. But I have my doubts. It's not like there's a shortage of FPSes out there, and the appeal to history buffs and conspiracy maniacs isn't screaming 'large untapped market' to me.

i saw this game at E3 2006! simply amazing

the new gen of online FPS's

never knew it was coming to ps3. It was PC only at E3

Top three screens look awesome. I'd love this on my PC.

That said, I'll believe it looks that good on consoles when I see it running on them..
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER

Last edited by a moderator:
From the shots I guess it`s set on Cuba ?
That`s a big + for me, I`ll have an eye on this one (goes mixing a Mojito).

From the shots I guess it`s set on Cuba ?
That`s a big + for me, I`ll have an eye on this one (goes mixing a Mojito).

It's set in different part of the world during different time. One of them is Cuba right after the "The bay of Pigs" incident.

It looks really good. The shadowing is awesome, though I know we've had that level of detail since Splinter Cell or so.

Back