New C64 is coming!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
When I was a kid me and my brother got a VIC-20, so I was always insanely jealous/lustful of the C64 hating/wanting it. Now it looks like I'll have another chance!

It's back... and better than ever! The new Commodore 64 is a modern functional PC as close to the original in design as humanly possible. It houses a modern mini-ITX PC motherboard featuring a Dual Core 525 Atom processor and the latest Nvidia Ion2 graphics chipset. It comes in the original taupe brown/beige color, with other colors to follow.
C64KeysSmallBorder2b.png

A multi format card reader/writer and a USB slot are provided on the right side of the unit. There are an additional 4 USB slots on the rear of the unit for all your peripheral needs.

The classic power light is now the power button.
C64BackplateBrighterSmallBorderb.png

Big thanks to Worm for the heads-up. :)

I wish they were making a new Commodore 1084s to go with it. *drool

I was so heartbroken when my 1084s finally died.

You haven't really experienced 8bit, 16bit, and 32bit videogames until you have experienced them in 15khz RGB.

Looks sweet (though function keys etc would of been nice & wouldnt of visually made that much of a difference), but give me a speccy with dead flesh keyboard any day.
I actually nailed my ones keyboard to the wall once

Damnit, that reminds me, I have to beat the Bard's Tale III before I die. Which means I have to find those maps my brother and I made on graph paper. And quit my job, because that would distract me.

RGB? BAH! RF modulator FTW!

RF suck donkey dicks! I had a C64 some ten years ago, and only had black'n'white output from the RF. no problem for getting colour out of the VCS 2600, that one had the good kind of modulator.

had a huge pile of floppy disks too, but no floppy drive - eurowimps couldn't afford it back then in the 80's so it's mildly rare.
I did have some fun running Commando from cassette, that game was well done :)

I wish they were making a new Commodore 1084s to go with it. *drool

I was so heartbroken when my 1084s finally died.

You haven't really experienced 8bit, 16bit, and 32bit videogames until you have experienced them in 15khz RGB.

you haven't experienced real hardware punk if you didn't play four player Goldeneye on an Apple II monitor :D (that was gross.)
yes those monitors were lovely, and very compatible. buddy had a playstation plugged on the commodore's composite input, me ran SNES, dreamcast and megadrive on an Atari monitor's SCART input. that's 15KHz RGB, and was the norm before the PSX and N64 era.

Back