NASA Searching for Moon Landing Tapes

It is not just that from what I read previously, the old tapes actually have sharper images than the ones broadcast and the ones they have now. The information was never transferred to another medium before the tapes were lost. Thus there is no need for modern novel technology, but rather simply watching the old tapes on the specialized old machines on a CRT monitor will provide better defenition than watching the old tv footage etc...

Hey, it's only the difference between shaky cam footage and the source....the original moon landing video was shot by pointing a video camera at a high res NASA monitor.

This is f-ing sad. :(

Hey, it's only the difference between shaky cam footage and the source....the original moon landing video was shot by pointing a video camera at a high res NASA monitor.

This is f-ing sad. :(

Man, I was so tempted to post the Halo 2 E3 shaky came video and claim it was the NASA landing footage.

When I first read about it I was just in bloody shock, how could they NOT have transfered that over years ago and archived it and made it available to the public! :devilish:

Man, I was so tempted to post the Halo 2 E3 shaky came video and claim it was the NASA landing footage.

Post it!:smile:

But I find it really pathetic that they didn't store them properly (the most valuable tapes in Mankind's history).

Can't they just set the studio back up, employ a couple of actors, shoot in high def, apply a few filters and backdate the tapes??

They should go and buy that DVD from one of those infomercials late at night. They seem to have the "lost" footage in their DVDs. I forgot exactly which one it was. Ithink it was a "Time Magazine" infomercial... if you subscribe for like 2 years, they'll give you that darn DVD.

Back