MW2 Vs Mag Vs BF:BC2 Vs MOFW:MW

Saga_Studios

Newcomer
Alright, I just want to know what you think is better than the other, why its better and how could they improve it. Seeing I started this post might as well give my say on whats what.

01. COD: Modern Warfare 2:
Great game, probley best story out of all of these four, expect Mag really doesn't have a story mode at all. MW2 good single player, good multiplayer. Lacks vehciles, that you can drive. Like the kill streak options. Gun play wise, and feel, and overall game wise, MW2 is king. If you and someone are shooting at each other, there's no-well I pulled the trigger first and you died, or the other way around. Its seems who ever lands the most shots or has the better weapon wins. Gotta give props for having great gunplay. Didn't like the maps as much as I did in the first MW. Good maps just the first game's maps were a tad bit better. Don't like that shotgun is a secondary weapon, or the Dragoonof is found oly in story mode. Love the title/emblem system. Over all better game than the first, perfer it more than MAG, MAG has issues. I give it a 8/10

02. MAG:
Lets see, I was disappointed in this game. Like the fact that you can play 256 people, thats the best thing about this game. Graphics, aren't as good as other PS3 games. Looks more like RB6V2 graphics at best. Menu system, custom weapon options suck. Not many maps, gunplay wise, feels slow. MW2 defenitaly better than Mag, But if your a PS3 owner you have to own this game. Alright game, but there are better ones out there. Just to note no story mode. Needs alot of improvements, all around, but still facing 256 players is sweet. Needs to impove gun play, speed of the game, maps, graphics, Menu system is a joke. I give it a 6/10

03. BF:BC2:
Probley the closest thing that can beat MW2. Haven't played single player, some say its shorter or about as long as MW2. Never played the first one. Played the download, gun play wise not as good as MW2, more like halo-RB6. Vehicles are great. Maps are good, weapons are good, respawn is quicker than Mag, not as fast as MW2. Custom options are good, better than Mag. Can blow up hole buildings, kind of like Mericeries. Overall can't wait for this game to come out. Might just beat MW2. Have no rating for this game yet.

04. MH:MW
Metal of honor series, has always been a joke to me. I mean come on, compared to other FPS games that come out a year before it, its always 3 years behind. I've seen the videos for this game, might be alright, than again might be a joke. I'm hoping it will be good, but I don't think it will come close to MW,BC2. We'll see if they really do bring new life into the series. I can hope, but than again I won't be suprized if this game sucks. We'll see if this game is worth the time and the money. No rating for this game. Heck given the history of the series, I'd say Mag is a better game. Heck I'd say Halo 3 is a better game.

I should not I've never player GRAW series, that anygood? What can you tell me about it? How does it compare to these four and RB6.

Not many maps, gunplay wise, feels slow. .... Needs to impove gun play, speed of the game, maps, graphics, Menu system is a joke.

The speed is fine. :)

You need time to think in MAG. It's not a game where you go in with gun blazing. You need time to coordinate. I wish respawn is faster too but the waiting time is there to allow the opponents enough room to perform their objectives (e.g., setting charges, repair stuff) when the player dies. The best is to not die, or die for the right moment. ^_^

If you stick with your team, your teammates will revive you *instantly*. You're not locked down to a medic role to bring comrades back to life in MAG.

Personally, I think the speed is just right. The pace will depend on your team dynamics and strategies. Some can take down all 3 Sabotage objectives in 2-5 minutes, most failed even with 20 minutes.

As for maps, as usual, more will be welcomed, but I can tell you I am still a noob in all the Acquisition and Domination Maps. The maps are large with complex structures. Still need to learn how to use them tactically and strategically. More importantly, how to counter teams who have already formulated their approach in these maps.

The maps are dead. It's the people and teams who make MAG interesting. This is where I see the differences. It is probably frustrating to play with me in Acquisition and Domination games right now while I learn the ropes (Sorry Cornsake about the last Acquisition game yesterday night -- I didn't quite know where to go, what to do next). Once I get the strategic intent, I'd be able to contribute more.

04. MH:MW
Metal of honor series, has always been a joke to me. I mean come on, compared to other FPS games that come out a year before it, its always 3 years behind. I've seen the videos for this game, might be alright, than again might be a joke. I'm hoping it will be good, but I don't think it will come close to MW,BC2. We'll see if they really do bring new life into the series. I can hope, but than again I won't be suprized if this game sucks. We'll see if this game is worth the time and the money. No rating for this game. Heck given the history of the series, I'd say Mag is a better game. Heck I'd say Halo 3 is a better game.

That's a bit unfair, the first Medal of Honor was a gold standard for FPS games at the time of launch.

However, unlike the CoD series, they did nothing to advance the series and each sequel after the first made things worse and worse.

As to the other's, here's what it comes down to...

Each one is best depending on what you are looking for. While they are similar in that all 3 are FPS games, they each focus on a totally different form of online multiplayer.

It's sort of like asking which is best? American rules football, Aussie rules football, or Rugby? Similar but they aren't the same form of competition.

Regards,
SB

(Sorry Cornsnake about the last Acquisition game yesterday night -- I didn't quite know where to go, what to do next). Once I get the strategic intent, I'd be able to contribute more.

That's alright. The whole squad didn't really seem to know what they're supposed to be doing, including the squadleader. The Frago wasn't used, but he did manage to call in an airstrike on a strategicly unimportant localisation, and kill me with it. Instead of putting up videos on the blog Zipper should patch in some more basic training.

I did get a nice surprise from that game. It seems I'm able to earn the 3 kills at 120 meters ribbon with the lock-on RPG by blowing up bunker turrets, killing who ever is controlling it.

On topic. I thought the first MoH games were made by the same devs who later became Infinity Ward.

Out of this list MAG is my favourite because it is very unlike the other 3.

To be honest, it's a little hard to know how to behave in front of experienced and well-rounded players. I am having some difficulty choosing a loadout while playing with you, Ygg_Barasil, and/or Opposed (macabre). You guys seem to be very seasoned. So I can't find a niche to fit in naturally yet but we shall see.

When I play with random teams, I also try to figure out their style, so I can complement them better. e.g., I know clan EVL members do not carry med kit. It seems to be their "self sufficient" (or "don't drag your teammates down") philosophy. They only carry first aid kit to heal themselves. When they die, they will bleed out *immediately*. There is no point carrying a med kit while running beside them. In which case, I will use the most aggressive loadout I have. ^_^

Only met them twice though. Hope to "work" with them more in the future. I think they are pretty cool and reliable.

So... this is a vs. thread 2 released games to 2 unreleased games, one of which we know pretty much nothing about about?

So... this is a vs. thread 2 released games to 2 unreleased games, one of which we know pretty much nothing about about?
As long as people are comparing games in the same genre as a buying consderation, and not cross-platform nonsense, it's okay. eg. Which football game do you prefer? allows us to talk about the pros and cons of different footy games.

As long as people are comparing games in the same genre as a buying consderation, and not cross-platform nonsense, it's okay. eg. Which football game do you prefer? allows us to talk about the pros and cons of different footy games.

You're right. We probably should spend more time discussing the merits of FIFA 2012 vs. PES 2012. My point is that half the games aren't even out yet, which makes talking about them pretty difficult. And talking about Single-Player is even more difficult, since one of those games doesn't even have SP, which means that the number of games we can even discuss in terms of single-player out of the OP's list is exactly 1.

A thread that was 'which will be better, Halo Reach or Resistance 3' probably wouldn't live very long.

the only 2 I've played MW2 and BC2, it's no contest... even on old demo code... BC2 is the best online battle experience I've ever had and that was one map... played it for 48 hours and had nothing but fun and never felt cheap

To be honest, it's a little hard to know how to behave in front of experienced and well-rounded players. I am having some difficulty choosing a loadout while playing with you, Ygg_Barasil, and/or Opposed (macabre). You guys seem to be very seasoned. So I can't find a niche to fit in naturally yet but we shall see.

Thats okay, we only want your body anyway ;D The more people we can get to the objective at the same time, the bigger the chance we have of completing our task.

Thats what I like about MAG, its less Duracell bunny on crack strafing/jumping and KDR. Its about setting up goals and achieving them. The simplest way, is to pour as much firepower and bodies in some sort of coordinated way.

If I'm squadleader, I spend more time looking at the map, informing people*, healing/repairing and calling in deadly junk from the sky onto our enemies than actually shooting at anything.
Mainly because that is the way I can help our side achieve their goals to the best of my abilities, because I suck at FPS.

*If we are holding every thing down and people naturally do what I want them to do, I'll shut up and just try to support them the best I can.

What I do find hard, is to play with random people, that only wants XP or a KDR or a ribbon etc. Ie prioritize their own goals before their factions goals.

So please join us if you can, because the more guys we got that are dancing to the same tune, the more fun we will have.

Incidently, I won my first domination defense today as a squadleader, yay me happy weee..... And it was a win with a good margin to, Raven is coming to get you now :D

As for MW2 and BC2, have not played any of them, but I'do like MAG a lot and I usually do not even play FPS multiplayer usually, ie MW1 never been online with it :D

Congrats on your squad leader win.

The only thing I have and you may not is Poison Resistance. But I can't really spam poison grenade because it will kill you guys too.

I am ok as a MG guy. I think Cornsnake and I had #1 and #2 kills in one of the sessions. But some Valor and SVER teams are really strong. For my next upgrade, I'm split between a repair kit, a full resuscitate, or a close quarter weapon. Should probably continue the discussion in the MAG thread proper.

Back