MSI to release R420 based cards?

PatrickL said:
On thing sound strange in that news. I was thinking that no AIB will show R420 cards at cebit ?

Well, the article didn't say they'd showcase the R420, but rather their first ATI based card.

This could very well be a 9600XT to have a card in the mid-end range, since it would leave the hig-end to a R420 based board to be announced a short time after.

They never said it would be R420 cards they'd be showing....

This MSI story seems to surface every few months - I guess it'll come true eventually.

Have I been missing something, or is this only concerning retail market?

Because MSI has built ATi cards for OEMs since at least March 2003... (Medion/Aldi in Germany)

Snyder said:

Because MSI has built ATi cards for OEMs since at least March 2003... (Medion/Aldi in Germany)

Yes only retail, MSI has been producing Ati cards for OEMs for quite a while now.

Hanners said:
They never said it would be R420 cards they'd be showing....

This MSI story seems to surface every few months - I guess it'll come true eventually.

didnt they have a demo of their 9800xt board? with dual fans floating round a coupla months ago ?

Snyder said:

and france !
http://magicsim.free.fr/outside/aldi-r300.JPG

mini-aldi-r300.JPG

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Magic-Sim said:
Snyder said:

and france !

Aldi was selling this kit in the UK as well.

Uh...sure - Aldi is selling these things all over europe. My mistake. What I meant is that it's a german company.

Back