Most Difficult Tongue Twister

MuFu said:
Neeyik said:
MuFu said:
The Welsh village, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll Llantysiliogogogoch.
[geekwelshmode]
It's all one word - not two!

You must be thinking of a different village.
Nope - I grew up in Holyhead, not more than 12 miles from it and had to learn how to say the damn name many a time at school. It's absolutely all one word and translates as "St. Mary's church in the hollow of white hazel near the rapid whirlpool and the church of St. Tysilio near the red cave."

Originally the village was called Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll but then it was renamed into the silly version about 140 years ago; there are various stories as to who actually renamed it but it is known that it was done purely to encourage people to stop off at the railway station.

Rather ironic that the locals lobbied hard to get the A5-bypass built around their place; now hardly anyone stops there and the trains aren't exactly reliable either.

Ah well, at least we won a bit of rugby...

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
As much wood as a woodchuck would, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

How much muck would a muckchuck up-chuck if a muckchuck could up-chuck muck??

Between 3 to 5 cc's of green -yellow slime!

"Kristof Beets was on dates with babes that eat dates while on dates with Kristof Beets."

Say that 5 times quickly.

Neeyik said:
MuFu said:
Neeyik said:
MuFu said:
The Welsh village, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll Llantysiliogogogoch.
[geekwelshmode]
It's all one word - not two!

You must be thinking of a different village.
Nope - I grew up in Holyhead, not more than 12 miles from it and had to learn how to say the damn name many a time at school.

lol, I was joking. Should have added a :LOL:. I just C&P'd the name off a site - I do remember usually seeing it as one word but have noticed it hyphenated on occasion.

Holyhead is a nice place - went there when I was younger (camping, IIRC). We still go to Wales quite a bit these days since my sister is at uni in Glamorgan with all the heroin addicts and pre-cons.

Damn right. That was awesome!

This is what I saw in newspaper described as toughest TT:

"Sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick"

:)

MuFu said:
lol, I was joking. Should have added a :LOL:. I just C&P'd the name off a site - I do remember usually seeing it as one word but have noticed it hyphenated on occasion.

Holyhead is a nice place - went there when I was younger (camping, IIRC). We still go to Wales quite a bit these days since my sister is at uni in Glamorgan with all the heroin addicts and pre-cons.

Damn right. That was awesome!
Oopsy! :oops: Sorry - need to learn how to switch off those darn [geekwelshmode] tags better...Anyway, I must take you up on your claim that Holyhead is "nice". It's the arse end of the universe and its only redeeming feature is that my mother lives there. ;)

Back