DS - 55,825
PSP - 43,043
PS2 - 40,398
GBASP - 14,904
GC - 4,568
GBA - 653
Xbox - 406

Software:

1. PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Evolution - Konami - 238,000 (NEW)
2. PS2 Wild Arms The 4th Detonator - SCE - 131,000 (NEW)
3. NDS Touch! Kirby - Nintendo - 75,000 (NEW)
4. PS2 Shining Force Neo - Sega - 63,000 (NEW)
5. PSP Bleach: Heat the Soul - SCE - 37,000 (NEW)
6. NDS Egg Monster Hero - Square Enix - 31,000 (NEW)
7. PS2 Dynasty Warriors 5 - Koei - 26,000 (825,000)
8. PS2 Phantom Kingdom - Nippon Ichi - 17,000 (90,000)
9. NDS Harvest Moon Corobockle Station - Marvellous - 17,000 (45,000)
10. NGC Donkey Konga 3 Tabehoudai - Nintendo - 16,000 (53,000)

The great looking (IMO) new charcoal black DS and the new white one plus two new good games did the trick for DS.

Incidentally I hear there are a lot of pre-orders for the pink DS as well :)

How long in advance were the black and white DS's announced? Was it an instantaneous rollout, or was it announced a few weeks in advance?

Yeah, if I was going to buy a DS and knew in advance new colors were coming then I would have waited buying a DS considering I dislike the silver color. Then again this would be if I was going to buy a DS (might in the future depending on games).

I think quite a few people held out to buy a NDS just to get another color. Two new colours are available now, with two more coming up this month. I wonder if the system's weekly sales will be more on a par now or not...

Clashman said:
How long in advance were the black and white DS's announced? Was it an instantaneous rollout, or was it announced a few weeks in advance?
They were announced beginning of March (all the websites had their news March 2nd) and told they would be released March 24th.

It's enough for a spike now, but I think it will fall below the PSP again rather than keep their sales, since the PSP started leading in January and notably throughout February--long before new colors were announced. There can't be THAT many people who refuse to buy a cool new gaming system just because it's only available in silver. ;)

As usual, though, I think we're going to get screwed on the availability of special versions out here. 8-P

Evil_Cloud said:
I think quite a few people held out to buy a NDS just to get another color. Two new colours are available now, with two more coming up this month. I wonder if the system's weekly sales will be more on a par now or not...

Actually that was exactly why I hesitated in buying a DS initially, but then I figured out a fairly easy solution ie buy the standard platinum color at launch then when the right color appears later trade it in for a different color. ;)

Back