Lousy day at work today

John Reynolds

Ecce homo
Veteran
Woke up with a headache from the wicked case of sunburn I have after swimming in my sister's pool for three hours Sunday. Got to work and had a meeting right away that re-invigorated the headache with a vengeance. Pulled a 50" plasma TV out of its shipping box that Boeing had shipped to my C-17 simulation guys and the screen was covered with a network of spiderweb-like cracks, obvious shipping damage. And now the help desk lady left for the day and it's my week/turn to cover the desk when she's gone.

Maybe I'll get home tonight and there'll be v- or e-mail from some nice AIB saying they're sending a 7800 GTX for me to test and review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you work John?

Dealing with Boeing, shipping plasma displays, and working on simulation systems sounds like you could be working down the hall. :)

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
Where do you work John?

Dealing with Boeing, shipping plasma displays, and working on simulation systems sounds like you could be working down the hall. :)

Nite_Hawk

Wright Patterson Air Force Base. I support the SMSG (Simulator Systems Group) as a sys admin.

John Reynolds said:
Wright Patterson Air Force Base. I support the SMSG (Simulator Systems Group) as a sys admin.

Ah, I work for General Dynamics as a Software Engineer. I've done some work with DIS if you are familiar with that.

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
Ah, I work for General Dynamics as a Software Engineer. I've done some work with DIS if you are familiar with that.

Nite_Hawk

Nope.

Interestingly enough, we recently had the VP of Quantum3D's sales in our building giving a presentation on their latest simulation hardware, a COTS solution that uses up to 8 QuadroFX 4000 boards. I recently helped one of the civilians build a Athlon 64-based system for his home gaming needs who's an engineer and works with a lot of the simulation companies competing for government contracts, so he invited me to the presentation.

John Reynolds said:
That does help explain my rather large cranium.
Is that what the kids are calling them these days? ;)

If it's any consolation, I'm having a hell of a time with what I thought was going to be an easy job of flooring my living room and it's got me all confuzled and pissed.

Then again, I can always take the puppies out back for a bake break if I get too pissed...probably not an option with your gig.

I have Shitty Crunch Day tomorrow, with deadlines that I can't possibly meet thanks to the incompetence of those aroud me. :(

Oh wait, that's today, too! Oh well.

Hmm, the day just got better. Our resident building hotie just swung by and talked to me for about 10 minutes. She's wearing this tight, thin black dress today, probably due to the heat, and while I knew she had a great figure I never realized it was quite at the 9.5 level that it is. Wow. And she's my perfect age (age/2 + 8 = ideal middle-age crisis affair age), 28.

John Reynolds said:
And she's my perfect age (age/2 + 8 = ideal middle-age crisis affair age), 28.

I like that. :D I think I'll keep that math in mind from now on... that makes my perfect hottie 24!

blakjedi said:
I like that. :D I think I'll keep that math in mind from now on... that makes my perfect hottie 24!
bah, it makes mine jailbait! this math fails!

digitalwanderer said:
For you I thought that'd be more like 29-30...

I'm 40, smart ass. But while you're cracking age comments, you think you could beat me to the finish line of a 3-mile run?

There's physical age, and then there's "the results of how you've lived your life" age. :devilish:

digitalwanderer said:
Your not in your "midlife" if you ain't shaving yet. ;)
if I don't shave, I end up looking like Walker: Texas Ranger, and we all know how sexy Chuck Norris is. (Right, Trevett?)

And I'm all for a John Reynolds versus John Hayden steel-cage-deathmatch.

I was always taught age/2 + 7 but it's near enough for me. That makes the ideal age for my mistress 26. I can live with that, especially as I'm a toyboy (ha)

Back