Looking for new monitor

SsP45

Newcomer
I've finally decided that it's time to get a decent monitor that can display high resolutions. My current 19" LCD is nice, but 1280x1024 really strangles my SLI setup. I've got enough money from Christmas to look at some 21" CRTs. So far this one is the leading candidate.

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/crtmonitors/graphicseries/g225fb/#overview

Viewsonic G225fB. It's a 21" (20" visibile) flat-screen CRT. It's quite big and is quite heavy, but it offers some nice resolutions and refresh rates.

It does a maximum 2048x1536 @ 80Hz, which to me is amazing. It also does 1920x1440 @ 85Hz, 1600x1200 @ 102Hz, etc.

I'm definitely giving this monitor a lot of thought, and I was just wondering what you guys think of it.
________
Herbal vaporizer reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking of getting a iiyama visonmaster 514 a while back, that could do the same resolution but at 85+ hz

however, £400 seemed abit too much for me when going for outdated technology so i took a risk (following advice of quite a few people here) and got a dell 2405fpw and i could not be happier

everything with this monitor is brilliant and the size is just amazing, even makes my friends 22" dell crt look small.

then theres widescreen, once you have played in it theres no going back :) playing games on 4:3 screens now just looks horrible, feels like you have no space to move about lol.

however, with the 2407fpw you might want to wait for that one, suppose to have better response time and that hd cable thing, forgot what it was called.

CRT being old tech doesn't mean it's outdated. Being able to choose resolution is nice, and CRTs are just much faster screens. I think SLI also gets wasted if it can pull out insane framerates and your display doesn't show more than 60 fps.

as for playing in 16/9, sure maybe that's great if your game supports it, but what if most of your games are 4/3 only. do you game with big black borders, or a stretched and deformed image? : p

most games i play are 16:9, and if their not then theres a decent chance that someone has figured out a way of making it widescreen. Its the fov which causes the most problems.

and im saying outdated because you can barley find them anywhere now, most stores i go to dont even sell 22" crt monitors anymore, and theres a reason, no one really wants them so selling a monitor like that on you going to loose out quite abit because your going to have to sell if for cheap.

60fps is good enough for me, and is for most people - the only reason i would consider SLI is so i can play at 1920x1200 with full aa and af, and there not many games you would get 60fps out at them settings.

Back