Life inside a human cell

Thanks BZB :)
Maybe the target audience is too technical and then they have special "segments" for non-technical people.

At an earlier Siggraph there was an animation of the machine that replicates DNA. It was truly astounding.
This video is really amazing making us think about many things.

The edonkey has the long mp4 version (74MB) of the movie.
edited: I mean "Inner life of a cell" movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the way the cells(?) that rolled down the blood vessel were using a velcro like technique. Fascinating.

The remarkably mechanical-style properties of things like certain proteins is why they are being investigated as a route to nano-technology. The "walker" you see later on is a perfect example of that.

SIGGRAPH 2006 chose to include this as part of the showcased CG they select every year for their Digital Theatre. I was lucky enough to see it there, and with the theatre setup they had, it was nothing short of astounding.

Interestingly enough, the idea of the film (3D visualization of the human cell and what goes on inside) is a major component of where I'm currently working. We got in touch with Harvard about the film, and talked to the group about it.

Most interesting fact about this particular piece - the entire thing was modeled and animated by one person.

Back