Konami is examines bringing a PS3 game to the 360.

Dr. Nick

Veteran
Stolen from gamefront.de
25.06.07 - Konami examines, which PS3-game one could publish possibly on the Xbox 360. That writes the Nihon Keizai Shimbun in their current morning edition. Title does not call the newspaper.

If someone who speaks Japanese could be so kind as to translate the article for us it would be greatly appreciated.

I bet it's that dumb PSP shooter they have in development for the PS3.

http://www.gfdata.de/archiv06-2007-gamefront/nihonkeiz.jpg

Edit: Please move this to the appropriate forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Japanese devs should follow the lead of Capcom, this is a global market and business and they need to reach out more. The 360 is the leading next-gen viable platform as far as s/w sales is concerned.

MGS4 wouldnt suprise me though. Konami probably spend a small fortune on making that title and looking at ps3 sales they arnt exactly going to have a hugh install base to sell it to. When is the game supposed to come out? Q1 2008? ps3 will have, what like 5 or 6 million ps3's at best at that time? Konami probably wants to sell atleast 2 million (yeah pulled the numers out of my behind) copies, so that'll be 1 copy for every 3 ps3 sold. Now is there actually a game with a 1:3 attachrate?

MGS4 wouldnt suprise me though. Konami probably spend a small fortune on making that title and looking at ps3 sales they arnt exactly going to have a hugh install base to sell it to. When is the game supposed to come out? Q1 2008? ps3 will have, what like 5 or 6 million ps3's at best at that time? Konami probably wants to sell atleast 2 million (yeah pulled the numers out of my behind) copies, so that'll be 1 copy for every 3 ps3 sold. Now is there actually a game with a 1:3 attachrate?
Some titles have such a high attach ratio. I think Gears of War sold at least 3m copies, and there were around 10m Xbox360 sold end of last year? Also, I guess Halo1 would've had a high attach ratio.

I suppose MGS would be able to reach such a ratio as well. It's one of the best known PS franchises and most PS3 owners are probably aware of it coming (esp. since most PS3 owners are hard-core).

Some titles have such a high attach ratio. I think Gears of War sold at least 3m copies, and there were around 10m Xbox360 sold end of last year? Also, I guess Halo1 would've had a high attach ratio.

I suppose MGS would be able to reach such a ratio as well. It's one of the best known PS franchises and most PS3 owners are probably aware of it coming (esp. since most PS3 owners are hard-core).

MGS4 would have a high attach ratio if it comes out <6-9 months from the PS3 version. Longer than that it won't.

IIRC, Resistance has reached 2 millions copies little time ago.

~1.29 million (according to this source) while available for 7 mos and still one of the few exemplary games on the system at this time. (PS3's only million seller?)

360 can carry the water for a lot more games and would be a good option to increase sales for MGS4.

still doubt it will be anything but a 6 mos later release if on 360, though.

2 million sold near-enough, as revealed in the Killzone something-or-other derailed thread. Insomniac said they'd sold 2 million.

I expect MGS4 to have a high attach rate, as I expect a lot of early adopters to be fans of the PS brand and franchises, of which MGS is a major seller. Though of course it'd still be financial sense to release multiplatform if you can.

Here we go again.

Would'nt it be best if we just let it rest until there is an actual pressrelease from Konami that states wtheter or not they are bringing MGS4 to 360?

Gears of War sold at least 4m copies. and that's an 17/18 rated game, so amazing sales really.

The page supposedly says this as well. Taken from Neogaf. Not the most important thing but thought I might as well post it.
Gamefront quotes Nihon Keizai Shimbun, saying that SquareEnix wont publish a PS3 game until April 1st 2008.

http://www.imageaddicts.net/uploads/nihonkeiz.jpg

It says in the current year which is in this context the calendar year not the FY, at least to my knowledge. Unfortunately the scan of GF is cut off at the bottom so I can't quite make out what it says about Konami...

The rest of the news can be found here

Back