Killer what to do in Australia

Sxotty

Legend
Hey my wife and I get to go to Austrailia for a bit what should we do around sydney? We also need to find a cheap place to stay since we are poor...So if you have any ideas let us know. Thanks
So far:
Opera House + Royal Botanic Gardens =1 day
Her shopping day...
Blue Mountains
3 Sisters
Kanangra Boyd
Black Heath
There are some cool waterfalls I went to when I was there in 1995 but I forget what they were called.
royal nat'l park

We will also be in the north for a dive trip and see daintree park.

Any other ideas?

You could always try a double room at the YHA. Very good hostel, one of the best I've stayed in: http://www.yha.com.au/hostels/details.cfm?hostelid=29

Otherwise try www.wotif.com.au. They usually have good deals on rooms but can only be booked two weeks in advance. Should give you some indication of prices though.

Best bet is for you to pick up a Lonely Planet guide. It will outline all the options you can possibly think of.

I would also suggest you add Macquarie Fields to your itinerary. You may as well sample some real Australiana while you're here![/url]

I live in Melbourne and I've been to Sydney as an adult only once.
The last few times were when I was 5 and 10 years old.
If you want a cheap place to stay then come down to Melbourne because Sydney is far from cheap.
I didn't have that much of a fun time at Sydney when I was there 2 years ago. All I did was chill in my cousin's pool, eat a lot and go sightseeing.

The only activity apart from sightseeing is to hang out with homosexuals. :LOL:

Well thanks anyway killer :p

I was in australia for 3 months when I was younger 14 or 15. I lived in penrith. It was fun, but basically I just went rock climbing/hiking/body surfing, or something similar every day. I just used the public transportation which was quite good at the time. In any case thanks for the idea on the rooms Trawler.

It seems that the hotel rooms are as cheap or cheaper than the hostel though...
Anyway I will see what else I can find to do. Maybe I will contact the sydney bushwalkers club or something :p

Back