Jar Jar Bings is/was a trained force user and possibly is Snoke - theory

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
This is pretty fucking brilliant and I hope it's all true. It's very unlikely, but it would turn pretty mediocre scenarios into spectacular writing.

This is far too far-fetched. Nobody would take a bumbling creature like Binks seriously as a criminal mastermind, it would be far more ludicrous to have that frog-thing be the master controlling Palpatine the puppet than the prequels already are. But it's a pretty fun and awesome analysis all the same, I'll have to say!

This is far too far-fetched. Nobody would take a bumbling creature like Binks seriously as a criminal mastermind, it would be far more ludicrous to have that frog-thing be the master controlling Palpatine the puppet than the prequels already are. But it's a pretty fun and awesome analysis all the same, I'll have to say!
Isn't that the point of the sith?
Who would take master Yoda seriously if he didn't reveal his force powers? He'd just be a green old man hitting r2d2 with his stick.

If Jar Jar was to end up being somehow a mastermind and a serious character, he would be presented as such in Episodre III, the very latest.
I don't believe George Lucas was going to let his studios and himself be ridiculed for the sake of a plot twist that would take 18 years to reveal.

If Jar Jar was to end up being somehow a mastermind and a serious character, he would be presented as such in Episodre III, the very latest.
I don't believe George Lucas was going to let his studios and himself be ridiculed for the sake of a plot twist that would take 18 years to reveal.
yea it's mentioned he couldn't take the criticism, so he backed off that idea. It's a question of whether JJ Abram's will follow that storyline. The thing is, 18 years later, why bring back the gungans into the Force Awakens? If that race is just meant to be comedic relief, I'd think JJ Abram would do whatever it takes to stay away from that story branch. (if it is indeed the undoing on George Lucas' prequels)

Assuming the reddit post correctly guesses the purpose of Jar Jar Binks, there's a much more serious reason why it's unlikely to be resurrected in the new trilogy.

Consider this.

Jar Jar Binks is one of the most hated movie characters ever created except for one age demographic. Kids. Kids loved him. And it was the only saving grace of the character. One that made them millions if not billions of USD around the world in associated Jar Jar Binks merchandising.

Do you, as Disney, want to take that and make him into an evil character? Immediately ruining many people's childhood memories of the character? And likely demolishing any chance of continued revenue generation from his merchandising from future children?

Unlikely, IMO. So, whether that was Lucas' intent with the character or not, it is all moot. Disney is not likely to risk alienating children and the people that grew up liking the character when they themselves were children.

Regards,
SB

Back