Invisimals - more camera-based gaming goodness!

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
This is a PSP Augmented Reality one. Looks very well positioned to me (save cost of the platform!).

[gt]50800[/gt]

This is apparently a Pokemon type game. It's not bad, but I don't think it will catch on, what with the camera being needed, a PSP being needed, etc. ;)

Maybe if they bundle the camera in and lower the PSP's price it'll work. $169+whatever the camera+game will cost is pretty steep, especially if, like in the video, it expects each kid to have their own.

Interesting... didn't know such a game exists. Besides the availability of the camera, hunting around with a PSP is tedious too.

I was thinking more of a game where the PSP can be set down, and everyone crowd around it to play a group game.

Interesting... didn't know such a game exists. Besides the availability of the camera, hunting around with a PSP is tedious too.

I was thinking more of a game where the PSP can be set down, and everyone crowd around it to play a group game.

Well, it is called the playstation portable.

With all the kids I know, I think this is exactly their thing. Yeah, it's too expensive and won't likely get anywhere, but the idea of exploring the world, trading and fighting, is right on the money for entertainment across genders. More importantly, they've got this working well (so it appears) on a 300 MHz portable CPU. Makes me wonder why they didn't include a camera in PSP Go! and maybe even offer this as a bundle. Needing the peripheral (which doesn't fit the Go?) makes it too much faff for big success.

Well, it is called the playstation portable.

Argh, you can take the PSP to BBQs, picnics, camping trips, school gatherings, etc. without playing *alone*

Set it down in a common area, and everyone have fun together. The PSP has a speaker which is rather handy. Too bad the input mechanism is limited.

Shifty said:
Makes me wonder why they didn't include a camera in PSP Go! and maybe even offer this as a bundle. Needing the peripheral (which doesn't fit the Go?) makes it too much faff for big success.

Yeah, it's a nice experiment but the additional camera price doesn't seem to match the player profile for pokemon games.

Argh, you can take the PSP to BBQs, picnics, camping trips, school gatherings, etc. without playing *alone*

Set it down in a common area, and everyone have fun together. The PSP has a speaker which is rather handy. Too bad the input mechanism is limited.

Alright, but that's not what it was meant to be. It's a handheld. You hold it in your hands. It's not a portable console.

Back