Introducing myself

flynn

Regular
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while so it's time to introduce myself :D

How did I arrive here? I was looking for some information on how modern 3D engines run on current consoles and found some very interesting posts here. Have been visiting the site almost daily since then.

I'm a Spanish guy currently living in Belgium. I've been using computers for most of my life, starting at 6 when I got my ZX Spectrum, with which I cut my teeth on programming. Then I moved on to the Amiga 500, Amiga 1200 then owned a couple of PCs and after that I started collecting Unix boxes.

My current desktop is a PowerMac G5 and it's going to be that way for a while as I really dislike x86 ;)

I love programming and 3D. Have been using Softimage|3D classic for roughly 10 years (always on SGI hardware) but I decided to move on and finally started learning Maya.

On the programming side these days I focus mostly on Playstation Portable. I'd love to get a PS3 devel kit, though.

I haven't used Windows (as in run on my computers) since 1999 or so and have zero interest in it because I find it too lacking for my needs but feel no hate towards Microsoft, I'm simply not interested in their products.

On the ATI vs Nvidia thing I sided with ATI many years ago. Having been bitten by Nvidia's crappy FreeBSD drivers too many times I decided not to buy any of their products ever again, so my Mac has a ATI X1900 G5 edition instead of the Geforce 6600 it came with.

I stopped being a gamer in 2001 and started again last year when I pulled the trigger and bought a PS3. Currently playing KZ2 and having a great time doing so. Uncharted 2 and GT5 are, of course, day 1 purchases.

So yes, I have some strong opinions about some topics but I will keep the bias out and try to stay objective when posting.

I'm really enjoying the console forums and hope I can contribute something in the future.

Back