Installed a new mobo and a sexy NV Raid error any idea ?

rainz

Veteran
Hi,

Just switched my old Asus K8V Deluxe for a new MSI K8N Neo Platinum for the AGP/PCI lock, etc.

Freshly formatted / installed the lastest nforce drivers / ati drivers / all windows update / etc.

C: = IDE
D: = SATA ( 1 HD right now my other blowed up )

Mirroring
Striping
Stripe Mirroring
Spanning

What's the good choice for 1 HD ? i'm not a raid/array expert :(

So i had to create an array or the system wont boot even with just 1 HD .. normal ?.
and it's currently at " stripping array " ... works fine .. i can install games on it or programs and use it .. but i always have this error at the boot .. nforce drivers problem or raid setting problems ? "

Everything was " ok " but i have this strange error EACH times i boot .. any idea ?

nvraidserviceWTF.jpg

Thx

RainZ

sorry im not adding much to this thread, but why are your hardware/software problems always "sexy". i think this might be the 2nd o 3rd sexy problem youve had.

epic

epicstruggle said:
sorry im not adding much to this thread, but why are your hardware/software problems always "sexy". i think this might be the 2nd o 3rd sexy problem youve had.

epic

That's right epic you not adding nothing at all and try to find another problem i had here on beyond3D with the word sexy !

RainZ

Woah ! on the nforce3 Chipsets ... you dont have to create an array if you use only ONE SATA HD .... you simply disactivate the RAID/array and the SATA HD will be considered as a fake IDE.... sweet o_O

Problem fixed ! Joy Joy !

SEXY ! ( just for epic ;) )

RainZ

epicstruggle said:

epic

And Btw Epic !! i think about that ... " always " my hardware/software problems ! was a lil too much ;)

this one and the one i modified :oops: 8)

1 hardware/bios
1 forum

Btw i'm happy now and have a nice day Epic ! :devilish:

RainZ

Since i'm not using any Raid setting at all ... and the bug comes from NVRAIDSERVICE.EXE ... i tried to delete the file ( while saving it at the same time somewhere else as well ) .... and rebooted like 5-6-7 times and tested in benchs to see if anything bad happens.

no more bugs.. and it's perfect now.

Why the hell i have a bug when windows load with this file since i'm not using any raid/array ... the file is scanning to see if i'm using any raid ?

Btw like i said with the file deleted... no more prob! If it can help anyone.

RainZ

Back