Inquirer has gone beyond the realm of stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sxotty

Legend
http://www.theinq.com/?article=26818

Basically a x1800xt on LN (or maybe Dry ice the article was unclear) can beat 7800gtx in sli, and the inquirer is surprised by this. It just amazed me that they are surprised, think it is news worthy.
This score is higher than normal non overclocked two Geforce 7800GTX in SLI as we tried to play with those two cards here. This little experiment shows one totally unexplored part of R520 chip as it can be overclocked sky high. Maybe this can help you make a buying decision.

I am sorry, but it was just so idiotic, it amazed me. I should not be surprised, but this had to be the most ridiculous thing I have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
digitalwanderer said:
I can't wait to see [T]'s take on this latest news... ;)
Call me a dipshit, but what's the T stand for in [T]?:oops:

And Christ, Sxotty, calm down. Exactly where in Fudo's text does he show surprise? There's nothing in his language that I can see that puts that across. Seems like a factual piece on overclocking the card, as far as I can tell.

The headline is the only thing that's possibly objectionable, but since The Inq is a news site and it's all about the headline to get you to click into the story, I don't see why this is a big deal.

"but this had to be the most ridiculous thing I have seen". Nah, that's yet another post about The Inq on B3D on something that's innocent, where Fudo's just doing his job and doing it well.

The only surprise would be that ati's tool didn't allow for enough headroom to overclock past 856

Rys said:
And Christ, Sxotty, calm down. Exactly where in Fudo's text does he show surprise? There's nothing in his language that I can see that puts that across. Seems like a factual piece on overclocking the card, as far as I can tell.

I am actually pretty calm, it just seemed stupid to imply that this would factor into your buying decision as the conclusion of the piece states. Do you really factor into your buying decision how well a card perfoms on LN2? If so you are ...well I dunno.

Sorry I found the piece hilarious, if you think it makes good sense and so forth then fine, but just reading it made me laugh. The "surprise" is that fact that this is considered headline news and the way it was presented.

First that state that it (the x1800xt) doesn't look special next to eh gtx, well I beg to differ I think it does, but I will let that slide.
Seriously read this drivel
ONCE YOU move to overclocking, the R520 -Radeon X1800XT starts to look much better. When you test the card side by side with a 7800 GTX you kind of get almost the same performance but only when you overclock.
I mean what the hell does that mean honestly. Rys translate that into proper english will you? It makes no sense, it is as though a spastic monkey and babble fish were having a love affair.

Sxotty said:
I am actually pretty calm, it just seemed stupid to imply that this would factor into your buying decision as the conclusion of the piece states. Do you really factor into your buying decision how well a card perfoms on LN2? If so you are ...well I dunno.

Sorry I found the piece hilarious, if you think it makes good sense and so forth then fine, but just reading it made me laugh. The "surprise" is that fact that this is considered headline news and the way it was presented.

First that state that it (the x1800xt) doesn't look special next to eh gtx, well I beg to differ I think it does, but I will let that slide.
Seriously read this drivel

I mean what the hell does that mean honestly. Rys translate that into proper english will you? It makes no sense, it is as though a spastic monkey and babble fish were having a love affair.
Ya that's pretty stupid.
At stock speeds the X1800XT is atleast a bit faster in D3D games, overclocked it's no contest.

Sxotty said:

If they talked about the overclock on the normal cooling (http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/r520reviewxvxv/overclocking.htm) that would impress people more I guess.
Since it's relatively safe to overclock the memory (since it gets shipped below spec.) what would the chance be of manufacturers shipping self-made PE's?

I would say that that is impressive that a mere 250ish overclock on the core and about 260 on the ram can bring such results. Now if ATi can get that type of performance on air cooling that would be great.

YeuEmMaiMai said:
I would say that that is impressive that a mere 250ish overclock on the core and about 260 on the ram can bring such results. Now if ATi can get that type of performance on air cooling that would be great.
What the fuck are you smoking?
People already complain of the noise of the cooler!
How much room for improvement is there really with aircooling without your case sounding like an airport?
As far as I'm concerned, air cooling is passe at this point with cpus and gpus pumping out all this heat.

radeonic2 said:
What the fuck are you smoking?
People already complain of the noise of the cooler!
How much room for improvement is there really with aircooling without your case sounding like an airport?
As far as I'm concerned, air cooling is passe at this point with cpus and gpus pumping out all this heat.

You really should not curse as it makes you look like a mentally challenged person, not to mention that you did not read what I said

"Now if ATi can get that type of performance on air cooling that would be great."

Debateable thread title.
Topic finished nearly a month ago.
Debateable posts for restarting the thread.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back